Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R8000R won't power on

Ofiliogirl
Aspirant

R8000R won't power on

Woke up to get to work this morning and no internet connection.  No power to the unit.....totally dead!  Have tried plugging it in elsewhere, pushed the reset button and exchanged the internet cable to the modem.  I have never upgraded any firmware since I bought it a year ago.  Of course warranty ended on Nov 11th......figures.  And I do not have a support plan.  Any guru's out there willing to assist please??? 

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

If nothing lights up, first check the power adapter. Maybe you have a compatible device lying around a somewhere. They are pretty common.

Message 2 of 6
Ofiliogirl
Aspirant

Best Buy says my power adapter is working fine.  Unit won't power up and it's just a little over a  year old.  Suggestions please?

Message 3 of 6

@Ofiliogirl wrote:

Best Buy says my power adapter is working fine.  Unit won't power up and it's just a little over a  year old.  Suggestions please?

How did they test the adapter?

What happens when you turn on your router? What do the LEDs on the front show?

Do you have a compatible power adapter lying around that you could try?

Did you try taking the router back to best buy for them to check that?

Message 4 of 6
Ofiliogirl
Aspirant

They took the adapter to the back and tested it.  I have no idea how.  They would not take the router also.....there would be a $75 diagnostic charge.  No LED lights because the router does NOT turn on.  It does not power up.  No lights whatsoever.......  I asked if I could purchase another power adapter, they say that they are specialized, and the they don't carry them.  I don't have one "lying around".  One fellow was even nice enough to open a new  box of a similar unit and of course the power adapter plug was not the same size.  Now what?

Message 5 of 6

@Ofiliogirl wrote:

I asked if I could purchase another power adapter, they say that they are specialized, and the they don't carry them. 

They are really just standard devices. Netgear does not sell replacements. But you can get them for a few £€$ from the usual places. Just go for something with the same specifications as the label on the one you have. 

But if the router is dead that won't bring it back to life. 

I fear that you are getting a runaround. It is hard to suggest how you can persuade them to treat you properly.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7