Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R8000p issues

George2020
Tutor

R8000p issues

I purchased this router 4 months ago and it recently started having an issue with this unit dropping signal, every time this happens it has to be unplugged and plugged back in. I have noticed this is an ongoing issue with netgear . Anyone have any recommendations on how to fix this issue?
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

If you're within your warranty, I'd start the rma process with it. 

click "mynetgear" at the top. register an account and the device. from there you can start the rma process. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Is it only wireless dropping? 

If only wireless, its it 2.4ghz, 5ghz? 

What firmware is on it? 

Message 2 of 7
George2020
Tutor

No the router just stops all internet services and anything hardwired or wireless stops working. I call my ISP and was assured nothing was wrong On their end. Currently running Version 1.4.1.50
Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Try installing version 1.4.1.64 over a hardwired connection. 

Then factory reset it and do a clean install. (not from backup)

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R8000P.aspx#download

Message 4 of 7
George2020
Tutor

I have now factory reset my device 3 different times and tried to install the firmware update 3 different ways and still wont allow me to update, i am also having an issue now with my wifi signals not putting out any internet, but all hardwired devices are working great.   SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

If you're within your warranty, I'd start the rma process with it. 

click "mynetgear" at the top. register an account and the device. from there you can start the rma process. 

Message 6 of 7
George2020
Tutor

So after spending 2 hours on the phone with netgear customer support they have started an rma to replace this unit.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7