Random full internet drops (R8000P)

Souly
Follower

Random full internet drops (R8000P)

Router - R8000P Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Triband WiFi router

Firware Version - 1.4.1.50_1.3.10

Service Provider - Verizon FiOs ONT

Hello, 

I'm reaching out to these forums to see if it might be possible to get some assistance with my router. 

In the past few months I've been encountering an issue with my Nighthawk Router where it'll completely drop internet connection to the WWW. But everything else will stay connected and the router does not reboot or show any other signs other than the LED light for the Internet blinking red or white. From here, the router does not try to reconnect to the internet, it seems to just sit and idle until I go into the settings and re-apply the Internet settings which seems to be the only workaround I've found. 

I've tried to reset the router back to factory settings and tried to update the firmware through all different methods (TFTP, phone app, desktop app, webpage using every internet browser known to man) but none of them seem to resolve the issue

After looking through a lot of posts on this site, I've found a ton that reference the same issue I have but the resolution to those posts was the user ultimately buying a new router if their warranty was up or having it replaced by Netgear.

Is anyone out there able to assist us users with these defective routers? Or should I just buy a new router (Not Netgear) and call it a day? 

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7