Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rebooting almost every day

bigmel97
Tutor

Rebooting almost every day

I feel like I have to reboot this router almost every day. I don't know why. I changed out the cable from my ISP to the router, I've power cycled various times, but I'm still getting the same issue.  It is getting frustrating. This morning, my 3 laptops, tv in my home office, and both cell phones were not connecting to the internet via the router. It just said disconnected. However, my wife's desktop for work was connected and my daughter was able to see something on Netflix on the TV in the living room. That TV is hard wired. I love the netgear products as I have used if for many years, but this is just ridiculous. By the way, I have the lates firmware version: V1.0.4.84.  Please provide any assistance.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Rebooting almost every day

1. what modem/gateway is it connected to? 

2. Do you have IPv6 enabled?

3. has a factory reset (not reboot) been tried?

4. Are you using smart connect?

Message 2 of 6
bigmel97
Tutor

I'm having the same issue. I've done all of that. I made sure that the devices are not on smart connect but I'm still seeing myself rebooting my router almost every day. 

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Would be helpful to know what model router you have and what is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? 

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 4 of 6
bigmel97
Tutor

I have the Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000. Also, I'm not getting the speeds that I'm supposed to get. I am supposed to get 1 Gb of speed when I connected hardwire straight to the modem. But through the router, I'm getting 170-180 Mbps download w/ 20 Mbps upload. My whole neighborhood has people with WiFi. But I have that access closed off to anyone that is not in my household. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Do you have Access Controls, Armor, Circle or Traffic meter enabled? Disable these if enabled.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Nighthawk-X6-R8000-not-getting-gigabit-speed...

@bigmel97 wrote:

I have the Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000. Also, I'm not getting the speeds that I'm supposed to get. I am supposed to get 1 Gb of speed when I connected hardwire straight to the modem. But through the router, I'm getting 170-180 Mbps download w/ 20 Mbps upload. My whole neighborhood has people with WiFi. But I have that access closed off to anyone that is not in my household. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7