Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Running CAT6 on outside of home

Running CAT6 on outside of home

I've switched plans and instead of going mostly wireless, I purchased a Nighthawk Router and I'm cabling to all the rooms that need ethernet and the Nighthawk has the perfect number of LAN ports.  My only problem so far is that I can't access the living room because of the way our roof is made so I need to take the CAT6 and go thru the wall of the house and run it externally.  I'm using bare copper CAT6 outdoor/direct burial solid ethernet cable, 23AWG, CMX waterproof wire for all my cabling.  Can I safely run this thru PVC conduit on the outside of the house and not have to worry about the cable getting harmed by the elements?  I live in the Midwest (MO) and we get all four seasons, some harsher than others, lol.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Running CAT6 on outside of home

CAT6A STP would be recommended for outdoor use. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You should be able to. Thats the whole point of underground rated cable. And you're running it in a conduit for even better protection

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

CAT6A STP would be recommended for outdoor use. 

Message 3 of 4

Everything I have read says that the cable I bought should be good, just wanted some other opinions.  🙂    The way I'm planning on running it, there wont be a chance for water to get to the cable.  I'll just have to cross my fingers at this point.  Thank you for the advice!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7