Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: USB Disk Remote access attached to router in AP mode.

skyone
Aspirant

USB Disk Remote access attached to router in AP mode.

Hi,

I've got two routers:
R7800 as a main router.
R6400v2 as a router in an AP mode.
Both of them are connected with an ethernet cable from my main router's (R7800) LAN port to another router's (R6400v2) WAN port.
I've got three USB disks: two of them connected via USB 3.0 R7800's ports and the third one is connected via USB 3.0 R6400v2's port. I can access them all in LAN network, I can remote access disks connected to the R7800 also (using DDNS). But i cannot remote acces disk connected to the R6400v2. How can I setup remote access to the USB disk connected to R6400v2?

Message 1 of 4
Kitsap
Master

@skyone wrote:

Hi,

I've got two routers:
R7800 as a main router.
R6400v2 as a router in an AP mode.
Both of them are connected with an ethernet cable from my main router's (R7800) LAN port to another router's (R6400v2) WAN port.
I've got three USB disks: two of them connected via USB 3.0 R7800's ports and the third one is connected via USB 3.0 R6400v2's port. I can access them all in LAN network, I can remote access disks connected to the R7800 also (using DDNS). But i cannot remote acces disk connected to the R6400v2. How can I setup remote access to the USB disk connected to R6400v2?

For reference:  https://kb.netgear.com/26765/Which-features-are-disabled-on-my-NETGEAR-router-when-it-is-set-to-AP-M...

With remote management not being available on a router configured in access point mode, most likely you will not have access to the USB connection.

Message 2 of 4
skyone
Aspirant

So how can I setup these two routers to get all disk remote access?
Message 3 of 4
Kitsap
Master

@skyone wrote:
So how can I setup these two routers to get all disk remote access?

You cannot get there from here.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7