Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WIFI Button Nighthawk X10 (AD7200)

tandilero
Tutor

WIFI Button Nighthawk X10 (AD7200)

I need to know if there is anyway to set wifi on/off button to disable guest network only. That way the admin people can continue to use internet while easily turning off guest access without using the interface, just simply pushing the on/off button

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions

Re: WIFI Button Nighthawk X10 (AD7200)

Not the button, but you don't have to use the graphical user interface (GUI).

genie | Product | Support | NETGEAR

The Netgear genie for your operating system can do it. So can the Nighthawk app.

Not as simple as pressing a button, but easier than firing up a browser.

The app can even do it remotely.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 14

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Nope. 

Message 2 of 14
tandilero
Tutor

ok thanks

Message 3 of 14

Not the button, but you don't have to use the graphical user interface (GUI).

genie | Product | Support | NETGEAR

The Netgear genie for your operating system can do it. So can the Nighthawk app.

Not as simple as pressing a button, but easier than firing up a browser.

The app can even do it remotely.

Message 4 of 14
tandilero
Tutor

ok so I just down load the app and do it from my phone

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 14

@tandilero wrote:

ok so I just down load the app and do it from my phone

You may need to set up Anywhere Access on the router before that works.

How do I enable or disable Anywhere Access on my router using the Nighthawk app? | Answer | NETGEAR ...

Message 6 of 14
tandilero
Tutor

ok thank you

also I have two different nighthawk setups, one at work (x10) one at home (x8) will the app run them both independently or will it be confused

Message 7 of 14

@tandilero wrote:

also I have two different nighthawk setups, one at work (x10) one at home (x8) will the app run them both independently

That should work OK. I use the app to control two different routers on two separate networks.

When you are in wifi range of a router it connects to that. When you are away from the router it connects over the Netgear cloud through Anywhere Access.

If you want to check these features in the manual, you may have ti read up on Remote Management.  Netgear changes the name.

Remote Management is now Anywhere Access in the Nighthawk and Orbi apps | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 8 of 14
tandilero
Tutor

i can do that tommorrow ... a bit off topic what do we call the setting for reserving time for a device that connects ... I need to reduce that down to 2 hours

Message 9 of 14
tandilero
Tutor

also can an assistant use the app under his own account and do the same things through anywhere connect

Message 10 of 14

@tandilero wrote:

... a bit off topic what do we call the setting for reserving time for a device that connects ... I need to reduce that down to 2 hours

So off topic that I don't even understand the question.

What device connecting to what and how?

Message 11 of 14
tandilero
Tutor

I apologize, sometimes I get so vague, cause I can't remember what I knew so I try and describe it in common terms.  What I meant to ask is where to find DHCP.  In my home network I use DD-WRT so my netgear firmware is not there, just could not remember the terminology.  Found the term at 2 am.  Today I will open up interface and see if I can find the settings in LAN.  I'm over 70 yrs old been a few years since I've done this, if you don't use it you lose it.  thanks for your patience, all you all

Message 12 of 14

@tandilero wrote:

In my home network I use DD-WRT so my netgear firmware is not there, just could not remember the terminology. 

You won't find much expertise in that around here. Netgear doesn't support third party firmware – it breaks warranties – so expertise is thin on the ground.

I'm over 70 yrs old ....

Snap. This is usually when we start to reminisce about programming in Fortran or, depending on your origins, Cobol.

Message 13 of 14
tandilero
Tutor

yepper did that in the late sixties early seventies, that was light years ago in the computer world, whole different ball game today.

Sooo Thank you for all your help, everything worked, both of us access the system through Anywhere Access and turn on and off the guest wifi as needed, DCHP is set for 2 hours and life is great.  Wahoo you all made me look good today, keep up the good work

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7