Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Where to find cable connection information R90000?

joed9988
Aspirant

Where to find cable connection information R90000?

my old modem was a netgear c7800 and i could go into the firmware and check the cable connection  and it would show me the signal strength from the cable company the dbmv. i cant seem to find this information with me R9000 modem is it hidden somewhere?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
joed9988
Aspirant

Re: Dear netgear your Products are trash

issues resolved they are back working factory reset  seemed to corrupt the firmware and i couldn't access the configuration software i was getting a 404 error  on both devices. i ended up  doing a 2nd factory reset  and the error went away and i was able to configure both devices again. just frustrating when things don't work as they should. i guess i should have done the 2nd factory reset before complaining.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies

Re: Where to find cable connection information R90000?

@joed9988 wrote:

my old modem was a netgear c7800 and i could go into the firmware and check the cable connection  and it would show me the signal strength from the cable company the dbmv. i cant seem to find this information with me R9000 modem is it hidden somewhere?

Your old C7800 modem was a modem/router. Your new R9000 is not a modem, it is a plain vanilla router. It needs a modem to get an Internet connection.

If you still have the C7800 you could try using that as the modem front end for the R9000.

Cable modem/routers do not make this easy.

Message 2 of 8
joed9988
Aspirant

i do have a netgear modem ahead of the router is there a way of connecting to the firmware  with out unpluging the router?

Message 3 of 8
Kitsap
Master

@joed9988 wrote:

i do have a netgear modem ahead of the router is there a way of connecting to the firmware  with out unpluging the router?

Yes, there is a way to connect to the user interface on your modem.  What is the model number of your modem?

Message 4 of 8
joed9988
Aspirant

Dear netgear your Products are trash

Your products are broken after factor resets i can not access the firmware to configure them i just keep keep getting a 404 error file missing this is with both my c7000 and R9000 modem and router.

Message 5 of 8

@joed9988 wrote:

If this is a Netgear cable modem and that is the device that you want to update, forget it.

You have no control over the firmware on your cable modem.

What is the latest firmware version of my NETGEAR cable modem or modem router? | Answer | NETGEAR Su...

Message 6 of 8

@joed9988 wrote:

Your products are broken after factor resets i can not access the firmware to configure them i just keep keep getting a 404 error file missing this is with both my c7000 and R9000 modem and router.

If you are running these together, then that is a recipe for chaos.

The c7000 is not a modem. It is a  modem.router. The R9000 is also a router.

After a reset, both will be in router mode. Neither is broken. They are just doing what you told them to do.

Two routers on your network can cause headaches. For example, you can end up with local problems with addresses on your network. Among other things, the other router can misdirect traffic to addresses that the Netgear router usually handles, such as routerlogin.net or the usual default IP address for a router, 192.168.1.1.

This explains some of the other drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Then this:

My NETGEAR or Orbi router is connected to an ISP gateway or another router, and it's causing double ...

It may be possible to put the modem/router into modem only (bridge) mode and then to use the second device as the router. Sometimes it is easier to put the second router into AP mode. But that has its own drawbacks:

Disabled Features on the Router when set to AP Mode | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 7 of 8
joed9988
Aspirant

issues resolved they are back working factory reset  seemed to corrupt the firmware and i couldn't access the configuration software i was getting a 404 error  on both devices. i ended up  doing a 2nd factory reset  and the error went away and i was able to configure both devices again. just frustrating when things don't work as they should. i guess i should have done the 2nd factory reset before complaining.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7