Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WiFi range

Paperboy61
Tutor

WiFi range

Despite have a really small house, I'm finding that in certain parts of the house, the WiFi is very weak or non-existent, and get almost nothing in the garden. Is there an easy/cheap way to extend the range of the WiFi signal?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

what actual size is the home (in sq ft)?

How many levels is it? 

What materials is the interior walls made from? (certain materials block wifi better than others)

these are kind of key questions. If a home is made from materials that block wifi, then we recommend different things like powerline or moca adapters (ethernet over coax). 

If its made with standard wood/sheetrock, then we recommend mesh or standard extenders. 

Message 2 of 4
Paperboy61
Tutor

Hi, only a small two-bed house, not sure of sq footage, but it's 200+ years old. I think where it was extended once there must be a huge RSJ because we have had problems at one end in the house, hence we bought the R7000. So what would you recommend as a solution in this case?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Tough to say off that limited info. 

It might take trying a few things so I'd check into purchasing things at a place with a decent return policy. 

You can try a wireless extender and see if it works. 

If it doesn't, then I'd look at a wireless powerline unit like the PLW1010 (or other versions)

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7