Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi Coverage - R7900P (X6S) vs AX4300 (RAX45) vs AX6000 (RAX120)

equn
Aspirant

Wifi Coverage - R7900P (X6S) vs AX4300 (RAX45) vs AX6000 (RAX120)

Hi netgear community,

I bought an R7900P (X6S) from Costco and it worked great for 2 years but finally gave up recently.

Went to Costco and bought AX4300 (RX45) but the coverage is not as good at R7900P for our 2500 sqft home.

I returned it and bought AX6000 (RAX120) from Netgear web site. The coverage is slightly better than AX4300 (RX45) but still weirdly not as good as R7900P (X6S) in terms of coverage. got 2 bars at many corners of the home.

I turned on 2.5G and 5G, and set my channel to avoid any conflicts with neighbors. I personally prefer a single-router setup rather than the multi-router setup. Curious if you all have a different model to recommend or not.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Wifi Coverage - R7900P (X6S) vs AX4300 (RAX45) vs AX6000 (RAX120)

So the broadcast strength for routers is set by the fcc. They've long ago maxed out the broadcast power on routers. 

So you don't really get any additional signal strength (unless you have a low end router). You might see a little difference in how your phone interprets the signal that its getting since its going from a wireless AC router to an AX router. 

the real measure is speedtesting it. See what speeds you get on the device you're use. That's the key and not what the phone is saying for signal. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Wifi Coverage - R7900P (X6S) vs AX4300 (RAX45) vs AX6000 (RAX120)

So the broadcast strength for routers is set by the fcc. They've long ago maxed out the broadcast power on routers. 

So you don't really get any additional signal strength (unless you have a low end router). You might see a little difference in how your phone interprets the signal that its getting since its going from a wireless AC router to an AX router. 

the real measure is speedtesting it. See what speeds you get on the device you're use. That's the key and not what the phone is saying for signal. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7