Wireless MacBookPro can't connect to Wired HDHomeRun TV Tuner - R7000

ReallyLost
Aspirant

Wireless MacBookPro can't connect to Wired HDHomeRun TV Tuner - R7000

Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router Model R7000-100PAS - S/N 3LK54675A3945

Firmware - V1.0.9.18_1.2.27

MacBookPro - OS High Sierra 10.13.3 - using Safari Browser

Using Router connected to ATT Uverse Gateway via Bridge

Connected HD HomeRun Connect TV Tuner to Router via WIRED Ethernet Cable in Port #3

The MacBook Pro is connected Wirelessly to the Router. No problem accessing the Internet via the the MBP.

I downloaded the HomeRun App. When I open the App it detects the TV Tuner & I can even scan channels (33) BUT when I try to connect to the channels - I get a message NO Devices Detected + the Tuner Status is NONE. So NO access via MacBook Pro.

BUT - I tried my iPhone connected wirelessly into the Router. Clicked on the iPhone HD HomeRun App & immediately could watch all the TV channels on the iPhone.

Why can't I connect via the MacBook Pro? how can I fix?

I've searched all day on Google, YT and here + Opened a support Ticket with SiliconDust (no response yet)

Help!!!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ReallyLost
Aspirant

Re: Wireless MacBookPro can't connect to Wired HDHomeRun TV Tuner - R7000

GOT the Solution............and I knew it would be so darn simple. Won't tell You how much time I invested chasing it today.

A good friend & Apple expert gave me the answer almost instantly.

All I had to do was go into the MacBook Pro > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall > Firewall Options (might have to unlock access via bottom left corner) > Unclick Block All Incoming Connections > click the + at the bottom of the Big Window (mine was blank) > Click on Applications (from the list presented > Click on the HD HomeRun App > Click OK..............Voila - over the air TV on MacBookPro instantly.

BTW the Firewall is still showing Green (On) it's just that the HD HomeRun App is connected.

I hope this helps someone so they don't have to burn up time.........but it was a learning experince .....oouch.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
ReallyLost
Aspirant

Forgot to include: I tried to "ping" the TV Tuner via a Browser window on the MacBook Pro

No problem - the address came right up

"DeviceID": "1061F515",
        "LocalIP": "10.0.0.2",
        "BaseURL": "http://10.0.0.2:80",
        "DiscoverURL": "http://10.0.0.2:80/discover.json",
        "LineupURL": "http://10.0.0.2:80/lineup.json"
Message 2 of 4
ReallyLost
Aspirant

GOT the Solution............and I knew it would be so darn simple. Won't tell You how much time I invested chasing it today.

A good friend & Apple expert gave me the answer almost instantly.

All I had to do was go into the MacBook Pro > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall > Firewall Options (might have to unlock access via bottom left corner) > Unclick Block All Incoming Connections > click the + at the bottom of the Big Window (mine was blank) > Click on Applications (from the list presented > Click on the HD HomeRun App > Click OK..............Voila - over the air TV on MacBookPro instantly.

BTW the Firewall is still showing Green (On) it's just that the HD HomeRun App is connected.

I hope this helps someone so they don't have to burn up time.........but it was a learning experince .....oouch.

Message 3 of 4

Thanks for reporting and "Solving" that. It might help someone else.

These things are rarely down to the router. My guess would have been the TV Tuner.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7