Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

X10 R9000 Issues with Ubee UBC1322

ladyl
Aspirant

X10 R9000 Issues with Ubee UBC1322

I had a new modem from optimum (UBC1322) cable modem+router. Didn't realize they had the router enabled on my modem, so it was messing up Netgear R9000 setup. I had the ISP set it to bridge mode - and recycled eveything. I can get internet on my macbooks, ipad, and can stream on my apple tv (hbo, netflix, etc) --BUT on my appletv the exception is Prime Video, no prime videos work. Prime video simply says: "something went wrong with the video go to amazon.com/videohelp." 

I go to the Nighthawk app -- and it says "offline" while I'm connected with other devices - my firmware is up to date. v.1.0.5.40. I attempt to run the setup again, it detects the cables, -- BUT 'checking internet connection fails'. How is this possible when I'm able to connect on my devices? My only problem is prime video NOT being able to play. Please help! My last resort is factory reset - but i'm holding off in case this community has some insights. thanks!

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: X10 R9000 Issues with Ubee UBC1322

Does the Internet LED on the router turn AMBER at all? 

Check with your ISP to ensure the modem is fully bridge and if any user account configurations is needed, like PPPoE, this should be reviewed and checked as well. 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Set the ISP Modem back to router mode and try the following:

1. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem. https://kb.netgear.com/25891/DMZ-on-NETGEAR-routers
https://kb.netgear.com/24086/How-do-I-set-up-a-default-DMZ-server-on-my-Nighthawk-router
23. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the NG router to the modem, LAN to LAN configure AP mode on the NG router.

Message 2 of 8
ladyl
Aspirant

The Internet LED blinks white.

I did the power off/on on all the devices in that order as well, but same result.

Also something weird with Safari (chrome is fine) -- I typed in amazon.com/videohelp and it prompts me to enter my Netgear S/N and then asks for my security questions to reset my router password. I don't remeber either so the page gets stuck. I open a new window (in private mode) and put in a fully qualified url https://amazon.com/videohelp and page resolves fine. 

I'm unable to do change the cable modem mode myself - I had to call the ISP to setup bridge mode remotely. They confirmed via phone it was set to bridge mode, but It's weird how I can still connect to the SSID setup with cable/router. I have a service appointment maybe they need to do something else with PPOE as you suggested. I'll have them go through the Nighthawk setup with me again. 

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya, have them confirm on site the configuration of the modem. IF your still seeing the SSID broadcast from the modem, its not in bridge mode. 

Message 4 of 8
ladyl
Aspirant

Seems this modem — cannot be in bridge mode. I may just need to get my own modem.
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Try option #1 from my suggestions...

Message 6 of 8
ladyl
Aspirant

Ok thanks I will take a closer look at #1.

Other than Prime Video, everything else streams and gets internet fine with Netgear Nighthawk (Netflix, hbo, etc). It’s very puzzling - with the netgear app, it says offline, but when I trigger the speed test, I’m getting download/upload traffic.
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Hoping the DMZ on the modem will help here. 

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7