Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: nighthawk r7000 ac1900 stops working every day

Fishels
Tutor

nighthawk r7000 ac1900 stops working every day

Hello everyone. My parents and I owned this device for many years. Strange problems started occurring a few months ago where would have to literally reboot the device every day. I recently moved out on my own and since then there issues are resolved. Very weird. 

But I bought the same router and immediately ran into the same issue. Returned it for another router. This time it worked fine for first 5-6 days. Now I'm back to the same issue every single day. The connection will be kinda spotty and then completely go under and I will have to reboot. We have changed the channel settings. We have upgraded the firmware. We have done just about everything and I'm about ready to return this thing.

Part of me does wonder if the issue is on my end as my parents router started working fine after I moved out. But how could it be? All I have is a phone, iPad a ps5 and tv hooked up to it.

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 6
Fishels
Tutor

Many neighbors. Apartment complex. Even the stuff that's hardwired is going down. I tried changing the channels but I can try more specifically to what you said. I can definitely let you know about the modem later, not home ATM to look. I really appreciate it tho and will reply back 

Message 3 of 6
Fishels
Tutor

Hey there. No idea what MFR number is. How would I check. Modem number is DPC3216

My router firmware is v1.0.11.128 

And yes we already tried updating it. I called today and we did a full factory reset with the small back button where you put the paper clip in   

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 5 of 6
Portwey84
Virtuoso

@Fishels  The other alternative of course, is to use a completely different brand of router. If that cures your problem, then you know where the problem lies.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7