Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

"New Device Detected" notification on Nighthawk

a376
Follower

"New Device Detected" notification on Nighthawk

I occasionally get notifications from Nighthawk saying "New Device Detected" and the "[device name] has joined your network. click to view more details." When I go to the app and view devices, there are not additional devices listed other than my own. Did another device actually connect to my network and is this something to be concerned about?

Message 1 of 5

Re: "New Device Detected" notification on Nighthawk

@a376 wrote:

I occasionally get notifications from Nighthawk ...

Nighthawk could mean many things. What do you see that tells you "New Device Detected" ?

If you are using the desktop genie for your operating system, then it has an option for these alerts. Maybe that is what you mean.

Message 2 of 5
jvhaslup
Star

I just started getting these “notifications” as well. Each about 24 hours apart. I get the following: “New device has joined your network” and instead of a true MAC address, I get “DEV-34:7B:29” ?
It’s not listed in any of the admin listing for devices, and when I select the notification, it tells me there is no further info on this “device”.

Thoughts ?

-Jim

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 3 of 5
Mrknows
Initiate

Hi
I get these randomly also. Last wee it told me a device named Sky had joined my network.

I don't have any devices named Sky but it is a TV service. I don't have Sky so I was wondering did someone try to connect before being kicked from network?
Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 5
jvhaslup
Star

Thanks for the reply.

According to the router/armor, the "device" had joined my network, even though I disallowed any new devices...   

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series