Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: resetting wifi password w/o admin

themaadrhetoric
Aspirant

resetting wifi password w/o admin

I forgot my wifi password/can't locate it, I've tried following the link from the main netgear website for reset but the link (routerlogin.net) requires me to log in as admin, which I can't do, because I forgot the password. I can log into my Netgear account here but I can't change my wifi password from this website, only from accessing the router directly, which I can't do. I don't have root access on my android device so I can't do it that way either. When I select 'forgot password' on the Netgear Nighthawk app it takes me to an outside link...that requires me to log in as admin, which is frustrating because I can't log in because I've forgotten the password. So I need to figure out how to reset my wifi password for my nighthawk router that doesn't involve the password reset button on the app, the netgear suggested routerlogin.net or using root access.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 3
microchip8
Master

If you forgot your admin login password, your only option is to factory reset the router (press for 7-10 secs the reset button at ther back of the router). Password recovery in NG routers has a circular bug that sends you at the beginning even if you entered the right answers.

Message 2 of 3
themaadrhetoric
Aspirant

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements