Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Netgear MR60 mesh router

Dog101
Aspirant

Netgear MR60 mesh router

Lost power and when it came on ,no WiFi. Followed the reboot directions light turned solid blue but no deviice could log into netgear network.just a spinning wheel.

As soon as i unplugged the Ethernet cable router light turns orange.every time we have any internet disruption the WiFi stops working. And the app is useless.plus it  Keeps saying invalid QR code.

Message 1 of 5

The usual boilerplate questions to eliminate some of the more common issues that crop up here.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". There may be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware with an app or in the browser interface.

If there is one it might also help if you told people the make and model number of the modem/gateway/ONT that connects this router to the Internet. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

I ask because a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 5
Dog101
Aspirant

The NETGEAR support team was able to fix the issue after 2 hours on the phone. Turns out When Comcast came back on somehow the IP address was changed in the router. This has happened 6 times in the last year and a half. The technician was unable to explain why it keeps doing this. Not being very savvy, i guess I didn’t ask the right questions from them. Going to look into a new system.

Message 3 of 5
Dog101
Aspirant

Our modem is a Motorola MB8611 which does not have a router built in, i will need to access the app to find out the firmware version but i was told that the router automatically updates to newer versions? 

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

If something is available or NG sets it up for automatic updates. If they don't, user can manually update FW on there routers:

https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router

Be sure to disable any MAC Address randomizers on phones and pads while at home:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7