Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1750 Locks up every day or so

Moonwynde
Follower

AC1750 Locks up every day or so

This is my second Nighthawk (same models) that seems to have the same problem.  This one is brand new (bought about 4 months ago but because of the lockups I haven't been using it).  I'll set it up (I've tried going back to factory defaults and starting over a number of times) and it works fine for about 1-2 days.  Then it will lock up and no traffic will pass through.  I can't access the router so there's no way to tell if the logs have any info on the issue or not.  The only thing that I can find is that the logs show [Block Attack] From source: 192.168.1.15, port 80 just as I'm logging on (from that device) to the router.  

I'm at my wits end over this.  I never had issues with my first nighthawk until it started doing this.  So I bought a new one, chalking it up to a hardware issue.  Now the new one does the exact same thing.  Running firmware V1.0.4.106_10.0.80.  Any help would be appreciated.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Cockney
Apprentice

Re: AC1750 Locks up every day or so

I know it's no consolation but I have a RAX120 Nighthawk that has been locking up for the last two months.  I have a ticket open for all that time and still haven't got to level 2 tech support.  They RMA'd the router once and it is still the same.  Sometimes it will go for 4 days, others 4-10 hours.  I'm coming to my wits end with the number of back and forth messages.  Now they are asking me stupid questions like what is the size of the room it';s in and the material of the walls.  As if this makes a difference in it locking up. If the router doesn't like a wall material and locks up its a fault with the design.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7