Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Newest Firmware update

Daver68
Tutor

Newest Firmware update

Installed the newest Firmware and it no longer showed attached devices and messed up access control reverted back to V1.3.2.134_10.1.66. Tried to call support and I was -9521 inl ine netgear have you ever heard of testing regarding pople having dropped connections with this router turn off  MU-MIMO it was the reason I got this router and it doesnt work after turning it off ive had no issues

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 9

Re: Newest Firmware update

@Daver68 wrote:

Tried to call support and I was -9521 inl ine netgear have you ever heard of testing regarding pople having dropped connections with this router turn off  MU-MIMO it was the reason I got this router and it doesnt work after turning it off ive had no issues

How? Not, I hope, a number you found in a web search. That would not have been Netgear.

The rest of that sentence is muddled. No punctuation makes it hard to follow.

Did you restore the old firmware and get the thing to work as expected?

Message 2 of 9
Daver68
Tutor

Sorry for the lack of punctuation, Yes the number was for netgear support and rolling back the firmware resolved the issue.

Message 3 of 9

@Daver68 wrote:

....rolling back the firmware resolved the issue.

Thanks for that. I will try it on my R7000P.

If it does the same thing, I will shout. There has been a spate of bad firmware from Netgear in recent months.

Did you see if a reset would fix the problem before you rolled back?

I see that the only change claimed is the usual bland "Fixes security issues".

@Daver68 wrote:

Yes the number was for netgear support ....

How did you find the number? The only contact is via MyNetgear. No phone numbers are published. You contact them and they call you.

Message 4 of 9

No other reports of problems so far.

It has not arrived on the update server yet. That is sometimes when things go mad here.

Message 5 of 9
sktn77a
Virtuoso

Yep, connected devices are wrong and mostly absent.  What else have they messed up?

Message 6 of 9

@sktn77a wrote:

What else have they messed up?

DNS seems to be a popular target in some recent firmware updates.

Trouble is that Netgear releases these "updates" with one aim in mind and then insists on moving the goalposts as it removes things that people expected when they parted with their cash. They have ditched features like parental controls and DLNA to make room for Armor and Circle so that it can extract more money from punters.

Fortunately Netgear has yet to mess up the R7800, my workhorse router.

Message 7 of 9
ArcoQui
Aspirant

After the firmware update in August 2021 my router no longer showed devices and many webpages were hard to load. I bought a new Netgear router thinking my old one had gone bad. If there is a way to fix it, then I will hold on to it as a spare.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 8 of 9
ArcoQui
Aspirant

After the firmware update that messed up my router, I did, I reset it many times and would check back to see if Netgear had put out another firmware update to correct the bad update. They never did so I thought my router had gone bad. 

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7