Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 keeps dropping wifi connection

Re: R7000 keeps dropping wifi connection

@antinode 

Full marks for trying, but you're responding to a scam-link posting,
not an actual user.  Note that "help" there is a link (but I wouldn't
follow it).  The forum moderator has been notified, but prompt action to
remove such garbage is not typical.

- I was in a bit of a hurry when I answered. I noticed the link, but just thought it must have been Netgear adding links to words. I've seen that before on different forums.

> Have you installed the latest firmware? That's what changed the
> situation for mine. It hasn't lost WiFi since.

As always, an actual version number would be more useful than your
opinion of what's "latest" today (or whenever you got it).

- Very good point. I should have included that for sure. Thanks for the reminder, I appreciate it.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 51 of 54
APACHE_BEAST
Aspirant

I bought my 7000 nighthawk 10 weeks ago and everyday I too have to reboot my router . I called twice and tech support walked me through firmware update . Today my wifi dropped again and I just finished rebooting it ,so I'll call tech support today and also will extend tech support warranty ( thinking I'll need it )
Message 52 of 54

@APACHE_BEAST wrote:
I bought my 7000 nighthawk 10 weeks ago and everyday I too have to reboot my router .

Without knowing why you have to reboot, no one can offer any suggestions. That and the absence of any detail about the rest of your network

There is no point in expecting to find useful solutions in a long and growing discussion that started two years ago and may be be down to a completely different issue. There are many reasons why wifi can have issues, many of them may have nothing to do with your router.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one, so if you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related then start your own discussion.

If you do decide to ask a question, you should provide more details and your own version of the information that the forum suggests that you provide. For example, as this is a router, it helps to know what modem you are using and the various things that you have tried to fix the problem.

@APACHE_BEAST wrote:
....and also will extend tech support warranty ( thinking I'll need it )

One set up and running as designed, these things rarely need extra support. And this place is free. If your problem is down to hardware problems, the warranty process covers that for at least a year.

Message 53 of 54
4utommyboi
Aspirant

Okay so this seems to have solved my problem!

Go to http://192.168.1.1/WiFi_HiddenPage.htm and switch all avalible settings to "auto"

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 54 of 54
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7