× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can I use AX6600 with Orbi?

RobNYC
Follower

Can I use AX6600 with Orbi?

Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for your patience as I am new here and I am half-way tech savvy but not with networking gear. I recently moved and started a new system. I got the Orbi (RBS 850) router with 2 satellites. It is working well. Someone gave me a new in the box Nighthawk AX8 (AX66600 - Model #RAX70) Tri-Band Wifi 6 Router. I would like to put it in another area of the house, and I can plug it into an ethernet port.. Can I put it in bridge mode or somehow use it as an access point with the Orbi system? Where would I go to tweak the settings since it wouldn't come up in the Orbi app, etc.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Can I use AX6600 with Orbi?

You can use it in access point mode but it won't integrate with the orbi system. 

What I do in these situations is set it up in access point mode and make sure its on a different wireless channels (to prevent interference). 

Then I either use it to offload the orbi by putting the devices that have fixed locations (aren't mobile), IoT devices, or even just use it as backup. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7