× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 Constantly rebooting - less than an hour between reboots

ViRaL1
Aspirant

RAX200 Constantly rebooting - less than an hour between reboots

I've had my RAX200 for less than a year. I've had it drop connection or had to reboot it here or there but it's gotten to the point now that it's rebooting on its on much more frequently (less than an hour between reboots). It's difficult to get things done work wise and it's made gaming difficult as well. Something this new shouldn't have this kind of problems.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 3
RajaDaja
Luminary

Re: RAX200 Constantly rebooting - less than an hour between reboots

Wow!  something is go on!    Overheating maybe?   When did the reboot frequency increase?  What about firmware?  do you update manually or is it set to Auto?  You could install a previous version of firmware if your're on the most current or visa versa . After evaluating & eliminating overheating & firmware, I would perform a factory reset.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router, RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 2 of 3
ViRaL1
Aspirant

Re: RAX200 Constantly rebooting - less than an hour between reboots

Things have been colder in the house, but not frigid. It should be well within normal operating temps. I am on the latest firmware and haven’t rolled back yet. I did a factory reset a few months back when I was having similar issues (but with less frequency) to no avail. I’ll see if a rollback yields any progress.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7