Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Notification Message Quest Wifi Test Deep Link

benrub
Initiate

Thanks for replying everyone

I have no idea if this is related, but the "device manager" in the Orbi app is showing me that there are "no connected devices found". Very strange. My internet access however, seems to be normal.

Orbi - no connected devices.jpg

Message 76 of 182
cckaya
Initiate

Using iOS 16.5.1

Orbi app version 2.27.1.79

Message 77 of 182
ChrisMesSaTx
Tutor

ORBI Router Message (odd message)

Hello,

i wanted to leverage this community for help.  I can’t seem to find a way to open up a support case with Netgear even if I agree to pay for it!  I stared to receive a message this morning:  Guest WiFi PN, Guest WiFi Test deep link.  I have NEVER seen this message nor can I find anyone, on any threads that has written about this very cryptic message.  The message kept popping up soooo…I disabled my guest function on my router.  I am thinking someone was pinging my guest connection.  Anyone have any ideas????

Thanks!

-C.M.

Message 78 of 182
PSF
Initiate
Initiate

Yep, I'm also getting this message. Will just wait it out.

Message 79 of 182
Shesho525
Initiate

Re: Guest Wi-Fi deep link test

I am getting that same notification repeatedly. I also can’t log in from my Orbi app. I have gotten multiple errors: no internet connection (false), session timed out, etc. Reset my password and still can’t get in. Something is clearly going on on their end. 

Message 80 of 182
rmakadok
Initiate

Orbi app gave me the same message "Guest WiFi PN Guest Wifi Test deep link" five times today (July 7, 2023) from 12:42 pm to 1:03 pm U.S. eastern time.  Never got any messages from the Orbi app before.

Message 81 of 182
Arrhen
Initiate

Started seeing these back to back notifications too this AM... RBR50-AC3000

Message 82 of 182
Eriksen76
Apprentice

Hi there

I experience no issues with my ORBI853, but today I get quite at few notifactions on my cellphone from app.

"Orbi guest wifi test deep link notification" ?? 

What is this?

My guest network is disabled on router.

Orbi firmware: V4.6.14.3_2.3.12

Android app version: 2.27.1.3003

Tryed to google it but nothing comes up

Thanks

/Eriksen76

Message 83 of 182
WireDawg
Aspirant

Re: My Orbi just sent me 3 weird push alerts

Same for me. I tried each Orbi satellite/router individually and that then indicated the connected devices. 

Message 84 of 182
Bmuse
Initiate

Not to just echo "same here," but yes, same here -- though I wanted to add my model number, as I haven't seen many posts from RBK owners. Attaching an iOS screencap. Basics:

• RBK752
  • Push notification is "Guest WiFi PN - Guest WiFi Test deep link"
  • My guest account is NOT enabled
  • WiFi is up and running normally

Similar to other posts, I also got a lot of "504 bad gateway" timeouts trying to log in to Netgear online.

Message 85 of 182
Hobbitlauncher
Initiate

IDK but hopefully they do. They decided to lock formal support behind a cancerous paywall. I submitted a ticket anyway, but this like that are what will push me to another brand if I can't get necessary support. I'm all for support/knowledge communities, but that shouldn't preclude actual support.

Fingers crossed we get an answer one way or another about this most recent issue soon.

Message 86 of 182
JRisJunior
Initiate

Just got off the phone with their support team. They're "aware of the issue and will resolve as soon as possible."

Their remedy is to just uninstall the app and reinstall after 24 hours. (I'm personally not doing this)

But really, their app team just needs to just stop testing in production. It's a non-issue for us, in my opinion, and can be ignored.

Message 87 of 182
PapaWalker
Aspirant

Most comments, as with mine, indicate we are getting this as a notification on our Orbi app on our iPhones.

Message 88 of 182
TWert_GA
Initiate

Guest WIFI Test deep link

Getting Message in orbi app "Guest WIFI Test deep link" 4 times in past hour. Guest WIFI was on. Turned if off. Tried to look at devices connected. Failed. Turned Guest WIFI back on. I can see list of devices but I don't know what this message means.

Message 89 of 182
rjdchaim
Initiate

Why did the network crash for me, then? Rbr50 and satellites
Message 90 of 182
JoeGio
Initiate

OK I'll jump on as well...got 5 push notifications as all of you did "Guest WiFi Test deep link" seems to have finally stopped 

Message 91 of 182
FURRYe38
Guru

We've pushed this onto NG:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NOTICE-Orbi-app-Notification-Message-Quest-Wifi-Test-Deep-...

Please be patient while NG reviews and looks into this. 

You can disable notifications for the Orbi app on your mobile devices if you need to. 

Thank you. 

Message 92 of 182
hoborg
Aspirant

I am getting it, too; what is this Netgear?

Message 93 of 182
JustSumGuy4
Aspirant

Just received several of the same notification from my Orbi app. I have 4 Orbi RBS750 (AX4200) set up as a mesh network at my house.  1 main router with 3 acting as satellites.  The notification from the app says "Guest WiFi PN - Guest WiFi Test deep link".  This was seemingly unprovoked, as we don't even have the Guest WiFi turned on.

See picture for a reference.  What does this notification mean? If I am receiving this notification, should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance!

(Model RBS750 [AX4200] / App version 2.27.1.79 / Firmware Version V4.6.9.11)

Image.jpeg

Message 94 of 182
beachlover516
Aspirant

Same thing happening to me, hope we find out what happened 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 95 of 182
Frank_A
Aspirant

I received the same notifications "Guest Wifi Test Deep Link" on app version 2.27.1.79 running on iOS 16.5.1

Message 96 of 182
Parentof2ma
Aspirant

I'm seeing the same messages as well. The first notifications came in at 12:45pm EST. I'm locked out of my Orbi router AND my Verizon router. Super concerned about a potential breach. As I was trying to troubleshoot the issue after I noticed the messages, my phone rang from an out of country Whatsapp number. Netgear, please reach out asap. Thank you!

Message 97 of 182
tonylaw74
Initiate

Also getting notifications on my iPhone.

• RBR850
  • Push notification is "Guest WiFi PN - Guest WiFi Test deep link"
  • My guest account is NOT enabled and never has been
  • WiFi is up and running normally
Message 98 of 182
jw230707
Aspirant

I was getting these on iOS today (App version 2.27.1.79). At the time, my RBR750/RBS750 firmware were at 4.6.9.something. I've since updated my firmware to 4.6.14.3_2.3.12. I haven't seen the messages in the last 30 min; will update if I see them again.

Message 99 of 182
Meteortech
Aspirant

I have received a couple of notices from my Orbi RBR40 system with the title “ Guest Wi-Fi deep link test”. Does anyone know what this is?

Message 100 of 182
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7