Re: Notification Message Quest Wifi Test Deep Link

RBR850 with firmware v4.6.14.3

Orbi App vesion 2.27.1.79

iPhone with iOS 16.5.1 and happened on iPad with iPadOS 16.5.1

Message 126 of 182
FURRYe38
Guru

NG is aware of the problem AND looking into it. Please be patient. 

@C4H7 wrote:
It’s not reassuring NG support doesn’t seen to know, or hasn’t yet been able to yet find out, what’s going on with the notifications.

Message 127 of 182
RocketSquirrel
Luminary

I just want to know what "PN" means.

Message 128 of 182
FURRYe38
Guru

Will probably never find out. 

I'll keep on this. 

Message 129 of 182
madcity_23
Aspirant

I've also been getting this deep link test notification repeatedly (3x) today! What is it?!

Message 130 of 182
RPompetti
Aspirant

Received multiple Alerts around 1:30 PM ET with title "Guest WiFi PN" or "Guest WiFi Test deep link" (I have used the same upper and lower case letters used in the Notification).

Message 131 of 182
orbiguest
Aspirant

I unplugged my router too waiting for resolution from NG

Message 132 of 182
XBrett
Initiate

FWIW, I got the same thing twice, and 1)  I don't even have an Orbi product that works with the Orbi app (I thought mine did, so I downloaded it a long time ago). and 2) I don't have guest wifi turned on on my Orbi. 
So I'm guessing it is someone at Netgear that made a mistake when testing something ("Oh, I'm in PROD?"). But it is concerning nonetheless. 

Message 133 of 182
MAS10LC
Initiate

Thank you, @FURRYe38 - I appreciate your messages over the past few hours.  Seeing others getting the same messages was somewhat reassuring, in the sense that it wasn't strictly a local issue with my wifi or someone attempting to hack me, but your posts have also been very helpful.  Much appreciated - have a great weekend.

Message 134 of 182
MephitS
Aspirant

RBR750 with firmware v.4.6.14.3 here, and running the Orbi app on Android 13. Six of same messages came through on my phone in just about one minute.

Message 135 of 182
FURRYe38
Guru

You can use your Orbi. I dont' have my Orbi online and I'm seeing these messages as well. Got mine around 11AM. These are app related and not effecting the Orbi system. 

NG IS currently looking and reviewing this. 

@orbiguest wrote:

I unplugged my router too waiting for resolution from NG

Message 136 of 182
FURRYe38
Guru

Thank you. Trying to be transparent and up front as much possible and being proactive to help users and get NG involved as soon as possible so they and resolve this. I don't think this is any hack being attempted by outside parties, rather something in the Orbi app software is trigging this odd message for everyone. NG IS looking in to it currently. We hope for a resolution soon. 

I'll post any information I get from NG when I get it. Users can keep using there systems normally. If you do think something IS wrong or not working right, please make a NEW post in the appropriate forum and we'll help you out or contact NG support directly. 

Please be patient. 

Thank you. 

@MAS10LC wrote:

Thank you, @FURRYe38 - I appreciate your messages over the past few hours.  Seeing others getting the same messages was somewhat reassuring, in the sense that it wasn't strictly a local issue with my wifi or someone attempting to hack me, but your posts have also been very helpful.  Much appreciated - have a great weekend.

Message 137 of 182
ORBChris
Aspirant

I am also not able to log in, even after pw reset, and am getting the same messages. 

Message 138 of 182
chet99
Tutor

Thanks for tracking this.

To my knowledge, I'm not even logged into the app.  This is a bit spooky, c'mon netgear.

Message 139 of 182
FURRYe38
Guru

Can't log in to the Orbi app or in to the CBRs WEB UI page with a web browser and PC? 

@ORBChris wrote:

I am also not able to log in, even after pw reset, and am getting the same messages. 

Message 140 of 182
schumaku
Guru

@RocketSquirrel wrote:

I just want to know what "PN" means.

Common two-letter for push notification.

Message 141 of 182
C4H7
Star

Orbi appeared perfectly capable of pushing out multiple redundant unexplainable notifications which alarmed their customers. Odd Orbi can’t push out a follow-up notification clarifying the situation.
Message 142 of 182
bikerwhiskers
Initiate

I believe PN could stand for Push Notification

Message 143 of 182
korfans
Aspirant

Got four messages from 12:42 - 12:56 EDT.  Started calling family members at home thinking something was up.  No one was trying anything with the guest network.  Must be Netgear doing something.

Message 144 of 182
dkwright
Aspirant

I got it as a pop-up  on my iPhone with the iOS Orbi app installed. Have an Orbi RBR-50. Got multiple such pop-ups. 4 or 5. I clicked on them before I took a screenshot.

Message 145 of 182
data10
Aspirant

Same thing for me, Orbi with 3 satellites.
Message 146 of 182
mikebainbridge1
Aspirant

ORbi RBR 40

Orbi RBS 40 x2

Firmware  V2.7.4.24

5 Messages received 3am AEST - Content same as everyone else

Hoping this was a borked Netgear test of the app and not.a global hack attempt.

Some sort of announcement from a professional IT company would have been expected by now given the number of people affectedF14F3D18-AA57-4112-BA43-6D87846F6341_1_201_a.jpeg

Message 147 of 182
Madzy
Aspirant

Had received multiple messages. Decided to Google up what it was and ended up here. What's going on
Message 148 of 182
Atomic99
Aspirant

Re: ORBI Router Message (odd message)

Hello,
I am having the same Notification (x3) over a 30 minute period. Notifications now ceased.
I had/have Guest Wifi disabled
The Router and Satellites seem to be operating correctly
Also waiting it out
Message 149 of 182
Pancanal
Aspirant

Having the same problem. Several messages started appearing. “Guest wifi test deep link”. I disconnected the router. Now I have an update pending. What is happening?
Message 150 of 182
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7