Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR750 unable to connect to router

wreck99
Tutor

For reference, the new firmware I received upon a factory reset and reinstall was V4.6.8.2.

Message 26 of 54
antipatico
Star

CrimpOn,

I quote from an article from Router Network, "Once you are done resetting your router, you must reconfigure it. although this is an optional step, it is recommended you do it. Change the wifi name, password and the admin password of the router. You can find the default password of your router on the website. Ignoring to change the default settings makes your router vulnerable to getting hacked. This is what you should always change the default setting after hard resetting them."

/r

Message 27 of 54
CrimpOn
Guru

I agree. That article recommends changing from the default WiFi settings that are printed on the label.  It does not recommend changing from the previous user-selected WiFi settings.

Personally, I think they are "full of it".  Every vendor creates default WiFi settings that consist of a vendor specific name, such as ORBIxx, and a password that is often two or three words or random characters.  It is not clear (to me) that Netgear uses the same password for every ORBI21 (or ORBI22).

Message 28 of 54
antipatico
Star

Got it, Thank you Sensei. Wax on - Wax off

Message 29 of 54
MasakiKoi
Star

I spoke to Netgear.  They are aware of the issue.  They recommend a factory reset which I do NOT want to do.  A software update is in the works.  Emergency red flag priority ticket has been open and escalated.  Netgear initiated an automatic software update all across the board.  This caused the issue.  Netgear why didn't you all tested in the lab prior to deploying the software?? Netgear/Engineering team if you are reading this PLEASE have a toggle button option (on/off) on the GUI so that those that don't want the update can turn it off.  Let's get the ball rolling and fix this ASAP!!

Message 30 of 54
CrimpOn
Guru

@MasakiKoi wrote:

Emergency red flag priority ticket has been open and escalated.

Love the terminology.

Message 31 of 54
antipatico
Star

About time those yahoos fix their mess!!! I like you refuse to 30/30/30 my router.
Message 32 of 54
kdubious
Aspirant

Yep... exactly how I've been stealing your Internet for 15 years. Thanks.

Message 33 of 54
antipatico
Star

Enjoy!
Message 34 of 54
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 35 of 54
babybilly
Tutor

So Netgear is going to fix this and save us the trouble of resetting?

Message 36 of 54
antipatico
Star

That's what MasakiKoi stated on 12, May. There has been a lot of people on this post who have completed the 30/30/30 reset on their router with success I might add with reconnecting their app with their router. I tend for, principle sake, want to hold Netgear's feet to the fire to repair the broken connection with an update since they caused it. All of the other electronic manufactures, at lest the ones I associate with, send out updates immediately or soon after they realize they sent an malicious update which caused a problem. Why should Netgear get off the hook by saying we need to cleanup their mistake by doing a 30/30/30 reset to resolve the issue... Some of us value and manage our time as it is associated to $$$. Now if Netgear would comp all of those who conducted a 30/30/30 rest with an additional year of their Netgear Armor program I would be willing to conduct the 30/30/30.

Message 37 of 54
antipatico
Star

Hello All,

If you haven't noticed, the REPAIR has been completed by Netgear. This morning (26, May) my iPhone and iPad Orbi app was able to login and started communication with my router.

Thank you Netgear, greatly appreciated.

Signing off and thank you to all that took part in this post.

Wayne

Message 38 of 54
FURRYe38
Guru

Backup configuration to file:
Glad it's working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 39 of 54
jbag
Aspirant

hi

so i am still having this issue.

I cannot connect to the router via the mobile app or web page (wired and wireless). I am using an Android phone and windows 11 and I can connect to the internet.

Looks like there is a fix, so how do we get it?

Message 40 of 54
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 41 of 54
jbag
Aspirant

in other words, reset. i haven't done that yet. something i am trying to avoid. if this is the only way, so be it. but a fix from netgear would be ideal. 

Message 42 of 54
FURRYe38
Guru

Does changing the local network setting on a Apple device work? What mobile device do you have? 

Well if you don't need immediate access, you'll need to wait for NG to make the change or contact them directly. 

Message 43 of 54
antipatico
Star

Hello jbag, sorry to read you're still experiencing issues with reconnecting your app to your router. I live in the Apple eco-system and by no means am I an expert in tech but I will tell you all I did was initially before the Netgear fix I: (1) Removed and reloaded the  app on my iPhone and iPad and on the iPhone I signed into my account and on the iPad I signed out of my account. Yesterday: (1) On my iPhone I started receiving notices from the Orbi app. (2) I logged into my app on the iPad and connected to the router. Note: I did not do a 30/30/30 rested. Hope this helps with you regaining communications with your Orbi router.

/r

Message 44 of 54
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you us know if Local Network is enabled for the Orbi app under Settings on the iphone? 

@antipatico wrote:

Hello jbag, sorry to read you're still experiencing issues with reconnecting your app to your router. I live in the Apple eco-system and by no means am I an expert in tech but I will tell you all I did was initially before the Netgear fix I: (1) Removed and reloaded the  app on my iPhone and iPad and on the iPhone I signed into my account and on the iPad I signed out of my account. Yesterday: (1) On my iPhone I started receiving notices from the Orbi app. (2) I logged into my app on the iPad and connected to the router. Note: I did not do a 30/30/30 rested. Hope this helps with you regaining communications with your Orbi router.

/r

Message 45 of 54
antipatico
Star

Yes it is.

/r

Message 46 of 54
jbag
Aspirant

hey

i'm dealing with a droid, pixel 6 pro. i also cannot connect from a web browser on two different windows machines, one of them hardwired to the router.

Model: A6200|802.11ac Dual Band WiFi USB Adapter
Message 47 of 54
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset and setup from scratch with one of the wired PCs and web browser pointed at HTTP and 192.168.1.1. I'd disconnect the RBR from the ISP modem/ONT while you do this. Press the reset button for 20 seconds then release. 

@jbag wrote:

hey

i'm dealing with a droid, pixel 6 pro. i also cannot connect from a web browser on two different windows machines, one of them hardwired to the router.

Message 48 of 54

Still doesn’t work for me. Is there something you had to do to get said “repair”? This whole thing is pretty disappointing considering how expensive this router & satellite were… 

Message 49 of 54
daxcross
Initiate

I am having the same issue. Local network is enabled for my Orbi app, and the phone is on WiFi, which is working well. But the Orbi app can’t find the router. Frustrating
Message 50 of 54
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7