Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 We can't find your Orbi

ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Sagnew ,

Thank you for sharing the details of the issue(s) you're experiencing. Let me take this to the team and see what can be determined.

Back in touch soon!

Best,

Christine

Message 201 of 654
Eisnerdc
Tutor

Reboot fixed problem after I gave you the serial number and update was pushed. HOWEVER, I turned private relay back on after it was working and then I could not connect. I turned private really back off and then it connected again…
Message 202 of 654
ptscarbo
Tutor

@ChristineT,

Thank you for taking this time to help us all here. It has taken a frustrating situation and made it less so.

Kudos to you!

I am going to wait for the official deployment from you all. I will look to this thread to see when that happens.

Thanks again!

Message 203 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

@Timothy88 ,

Thank you for your candid feedback! We have heard this same level of frustration from some of our customers and we take this issue very seriously. I will certainly convey your sentiments back to our product team. Between you, me, the fly on the wall (ok and everyone else here) I do believe we are working to develop a better way of deploying firmware that will mitigate future hardships for our customers. I can't speak about when that solution will be available but I assure you, we are listening!

Warm Regards,

Christine

Message 204 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Sagnew  and @Gdmann ,

If you're able to get to orbilogin.net/debug.htm, please do the following:

1. Select “Start Debug Log Capture when booting up”
  2. Reboot the router
  3. Wait until the router is up and running again, go back to the page, and press the “Save Debug File”

Then send me the debug file output for further review.

If you're willing, you can try to factory reset again and walk back thru the onboarding process in the web user interface or app and see if that resolves the issue. Here is an article with detailed instructions: How do I reset my Orbi WiFi System to factory default settings? 

Thank you for your continued effort to work with me. I look forward to your next update.

Best,

Christine

Message 205 of 654
jpdemas
Guide

@ChristineT 

Connecting to the router via desktop/browser works.  The app still says "Router Not Found".

Any suggestions?

JP

Message 206 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @jpdemas ,

If you are an iOS user you may not be able to detect the router locally. 

From the Orbi App

1. Go to the hamburger menu to switch from Anywhere access to Local Connection.

On your iOS or iPadOS device

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Select Apple ID > iCloud > Private Relay.
  3. Disable Private Relay.

Please let me know if this works for you. We are aware of this issue and investigating it further.

Best,

Christine

Message 207 of 654
jpdemas
Guide

@ChristineT 

Turning off private relay worked.  Independently of whether anywhere access is on or off in the app.

So I cant use private relay on iOS?

In the interim the workaround is:

1. enable anywhere access

2. enable private relay

3. when I want to connect to the router I turn off wifi on my phone.

Message 208 of 654
jpdemas
Guide

@ChristineT 

Update:  I actually turned private relay and wifi back on and the router continues connected via anywhere access.  

I just can't connect locally.

Message 209 of 654
neknek
Star

Thank you, Christine.  I've got some functionality back so far.  I'll be blocking all Netgear update domains in my PiHole for the foreseeable future, I don't want to repeat this fiasco.

FYI it took 5 reboots to get one of my RBS750 to come back to the fold.  The other one only took a single reboot.

Message 210 of 654
Sagnew
Apprentice

>>Then send me the debug file output for further review.

Hello. I have Debug_log.zip ready to send @ChristineT (but can not attach a zip file to post now send a file link via PM - I can e-mail it..)

FWIW, I have turned off my satellite, switched to a wirless connection (vs Ethernet) and I am no longer experiencing the restart issue

Message 211 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Sagnew

I have sent you a private message with my email address. 🙂

Best,

Christine

Message 212 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @EricavH22 ,

Thank you for your confirmation that the fix worked. Please check out this article and let me know if you're now able to reactivate your Armor subscription.

How do I activate NETGEAR Armor on my Orbi router? 

Warm Regards,

Christine

Message 213 of 654
ozzieof
Aspirant

I'm unable to login to my Orbi RBR750 via iOS app and default IP address. Similar with other Orbi users, all my devices are connected via wifi without issues. Currently have firmware v4.6.5.14_2.0.54. When will the fix and the instructions be available? Thanks

Message 214 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Sagnew ,

Can you also confirm which firmware your system is on?

Best,

Christine

Message 215 of 654
Sagnew
Apprentice

hi @ChristineT . Currently running V4.6.8.2_2.1.9

(should I update? or is the later firmware the problem/issue?)

Message 216 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Sagnew ,

That is the latest firmware so that is good. One thing you can try is to factory reset the Satellite. The satellite should reconnect and sync back to the router automatically.

Best,

Christine

Message 217 of 654
EricavH22
Guide

@ChristineT -
Followed the article to activate the trial for Armor, and it did restore my paid subscription!

So, it would appear that my issues have been almost fixed. (Still trying to track down 3 items that just appear as "Network".)

Do any of us need to do anything to our satellites, or does the router update fix all?

Many thanks to you for being present on this chat and working to help us get back to normal!

Erica
Message 218 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello  @EricavH22 ,

I'm so glad to hear you were able to reactivate Armor. The router fix should be all that's needed along with reactivating Armor and/or Smart Parental Controls (SPC). Can you confirm if the devices that are showing "Network" were given custom names at any point? Were any device names changed from the default value and restored as expected?

Best,

Christine

Message 219 of 654
elmerfuud
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm not sure if I was included in "this round".  

I've tried rebooting, but no change.  

also, iCloud auto-relay only gives me an option to upgrade, not a toggle on/off.  I cannot turn it off.  fyi, or any hints welcomed.  

thanks.

Message 220 of 654
orpyak
Tutor

Thanks for posting. 

These reboots also started on my RBR850 this month as well.

Message 221 of 654
orpyak
Tutor

Good call, I did a factory run reset on my Orbi RBR850 and and I cannot even bind to tcp/80 or 443 for http/https by binding to the router's IP address. Now I am left with a crippled Orbi router that is using a default ssid that I cannot change.  I had to roll out my old circa 2009 Asus to handle traffic while this issue gets fixed. I'm looking at a $700 mesh system that is now basically e-waste unless there  is a fix for this.

Message 222 of 654
orpyak
Tutor

I am having this same issue on my RBR850

Message 223 of 654
epsilonkore
Apprentice

I was able to deactivate my armor after following your link (and several Orbi factory resets and Orbi iOS app remove and reinstalls). Back up and running! You can ignore my private message ChristineT about resetting my Armor account
Message 224 of 654
CrazyEddie
Apprentice

Thank you for pushing the update to my device, but I am glad that my weekend got in the way of me rebooting. It sounds like some have continued to experience problems or needed to do more work than just pushing a button. Some (or at least one) of us are not IT experts, so reactivating Anywhere Access and/or Armor, and having to reconfigure my various Apple devices, seems not only a bit daunting and irritating, but more of a NG problem - or at least it should be...

Message 225 of 654
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7