Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi app not able to connect to orbit router

sujguru
Aspirant

orbi app not able to connect to orbit router

Orbi router had power disconnect; subsequently, orbi router came back and works fine and connected to my wifi.  Whereas orbi app is not able to connect to orbit router; it says mobile wifi to be connected to orbi wifi. However, it doesn't show up at all and when forced to connect, it doesn't connect either.  Whereas Orbi app look for that info. Re-installed orbi app. still same issue.  Any suggestions or solution?

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: orbi app not able to connect to orbit router

Message 2 of 7
sujguru
Aspirant

None of this resolves the problem.  Given what I heard from support that orbi app has bug and being patched, I waited and updated. Still same problem.  Thanks for your response though.

Message 3 of 7
MasakiKoi
Star

Netgear if you are reading this.....The new Orbi app update for the iPhone last night 5/12/22 did NOT solve the problem!!!!.  Orbi app version 2.17.0.171.  App still not able to connect to router.

Error message......"We can't find your Orbi".   Fix it please!!!

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 5 of 7
sujguru
Aspirant

Thanks for the pointers.  I tried couple of times before and this time it worked fine.  Problem is resolved.  Thanks again for your inputs.

On the other hand, this is reasonably bad that a simple problem could not be fixed in a simple way rather a hard way resetting hardware, just like anything and everything 🙂

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7