Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Pro and BitDefender box2

Jet441
Aspirant

Orbi Pro and BitDefender box2

Hi, I'm thinking about adding the Bitdefender Box 2 on the network and I'm using The Orbi Pro. Is it recommended or not? 

Has anyone done this before? Are there known issues?

Is BitDefender Box 2 compatible with Netgear Armor?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Pro and BitDefender box2

@Jet441,

It would not create any issues as long as it is set to AP mode. I suggest you to upgrade the firmware of the Orbi Pro router and satellite to its latest version before setting it up. 

You can download the latest firmware here.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Jet441,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Orbi Pro doesn't support NETGEAR Armor as it only support most of our Nighthawk routers. Is it recommended? Well, it depends if you really need it badly for your network as this will also work as your firewall. I also checked that there are no known issues for this product with Orbi Pro.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
Jet441
Aspirant

Thanks John,

the other question is can I put the Bit Defender box 2 between the modem and the Orbi Pro and use it in access point mode? Would that create issues?

Thanks

Jose

Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Jet441,

It would not create any issues as long as it is set to AP mode. I suggest you to upgrade the firmware of the Orbi Pro router and satellite to its latest version before setting it up. 

You can download the latest firmware here.

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements