Reply

Pairing Orbi AX6000 Pro with a non-Pro

luxiloid
Aspirant

Pairing Orbi AX6000 Pro with a non-Pro

Has anybody tried paring RBS850 to a SXR80?
How about the opposite way: can you pair the SXS80 to a RBR850 through a wired network?

 

I have 10gbps wired all over the house. I purchased RBK854 too early and now, I have to regret it. My satellites only connect to the switch at 1gpbs.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Pairing Orbi AX6000 Pro with a non-Pro


@luxiloid wrote:

Has anybody tried paring RBS850 to a SXR80?
How about the opposite way: can you pair the SXS80 to a RBR850 through a wired network?


No, and no. These Mesh systems can't be combined. This was discussed any explained many times in the community.

 


@luxiloid wrote:

I have 10gbps wired all over the house. I purchased RBK854 too early and now, I have to regret it.


Where and how does the SXR60/SXS60 come into the game now?

 


@luxiloid wrote:

My satellites only connect to the switch at 1gpbs.


This must have a different cause. By far not all 10G switches are MultiGig capable, most are 10G/1G/100M, some are 10G/1G only.

 

Both the SXK and RBK8xx are nice systems for the main purpose of an ad-hoc throw-in wireless backhaul environment. However, with a 10G network in the house, deploying any kind of Mesh system does not make any sense to me.

 

Much better suited are be a bunch of wireless access points like the WAX610 AX1800 (2x2) [currently on sale with the Netgear shop for about the half price of a AX Mesh satellite!] and it's soon available AX3600 (4x4) brother, powered [permiting spare wiring available] by a MS510TXUP (MultiGig PoE++), which is linked or LAGed to the 10G backhaul. With the Insight integration, the management is a snap, seamless roaming thanks to 802.11k/r/v (2/3 of it makes up a "Mesh" marketing system) included. Yeah, I know - AX6000 and then Mesh does sound soooo much better - but considering most of this is going to the wireless backhaul...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: Pairing Orbi AX6000 Pro with a non-Pro


@luxiloid wrote:

Has anybody tried paring RBS850 to a SXR80?
How about the opposite way: can you pair the SXS80 to a RBR850 through a wired network?


No, and no. These Mesh systems can't be combined. This was discussed any explained many times in the community.

 


@luxiloid wrote:

I have 10gbps wired all over the house. I purchased RBK854 too early and now, I have to regret it.


Where and how does the SXR60/SXS60 come into the game now?

 


@luxiloid wrote:

My satellites only connect to the switch at 1gpbs.


This must have a different cause. By far not all 10G switches are MultiGig capable, most are 10G/1G/100M, some are 10G/1G only.

 

Both the SXK and RBK8xx are nice systems for the main purpose of an ad-hoc throw-in wireless backhaul environment. However, with a 10G network in the house, deploying any kind of Mesh system does not make any sense to me.

 

Much better suited are be a bunch of wireless access points like the WAX610 AX1800 (2x2) [currently on sale with the Netgear shop for about the half price of a AX Mesh satellite!] and it's soon available AX3600 (4x4) brother, powered [permiting spare wiring available] by a MS510TXUP (MultiGig PoE++), which is linked or LAGed to the 10G backhaul. With the Insight integration, the management is a snap, seamless roaming thanks to 802.11k/r/v (2/3 of it makes up a "Mesh" marketing system) included. Yeah, I know - AX6000 and then Mesh does sound soooo much better - but considering most of this is going to the wireless backhaul...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
luxiloid
Aspirant

Re: Pairing Orbi AX6000 Pro with a non-Pro

Thanks for the perfect answers.
My switch is XS724EM and it supports 2.5G links. From your recommendation, I purchased one WAX218 to see how it works with the existing mesh system. Hope the roaming works with existing ORBI system. I also purchased an Edgerouter to use the RBR850 in AP mode. In AP mode, it supports 2.5G with in-network on the RBR850.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 182 views
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements