Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SXK50 Wifi 6 Pro Mesh Newbie Question here. Can I use this with the SXK80 Wifi Pro Mesh System?

BMiglionico
Aspirant

SXK50 Wifi 6 Pro Mesh Newbie Question here. Can I use this with the SXK80 Wifi Pro Mesh System?

Message 1 of 3
BMiglionico
Aspirant

Re: SXK50 Wifi 6 Pro Mesh Newbie Question here. Can I use this with the SXK80 Wifi Pro Mesh System?

I have 3 of the SXK80 (2 routers and 1 point) and 2 of the SXK50 (1 router and 1 point). My thought was to use 1 SXK80 as router, and bridge the other SXK80 router, as well as bridge the SXK50 router to more or less have 1 Main router and 4 points...?

Would I be correct in my thinking/process?
Message 2 of 3
JeraldM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SXK50 Wifi 6 Pro Mesh Newbie Question here. Can I use this with the SXK80 Wifi Pro Mesh System?

@BMiglionico,

Welcome to the community!

It is possible to have just one SXR80 function as a router as long as the others are running in AP mode; however, there could be difficulty with setting up the satellites in which you'd usually have to perform a factory defaults and sync them if you're going to connect them wirelessly.

Ideally, an Orbi Pro network consists of just one router and multiple satellites in which the maximum is 6 (please check this KB article for your reference). 

Regards,

JeraldM

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements