Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SXK80 Satellites turn pink as soon as I use VLAN tagged network

jltleeds
Aspirant

Re: SXK80 Satellites turn pink as soon as I use VLAN tagged network

Hi, can anyone please send me the beta, for some unknown reason netgear will not send me a copy...
Thanks John.
Message 26 of 38
jltleeds
Aspirant

@hermesromeror @timecode 

Hi all,

Any chance one of you guys could somehow send the beta firmware to me as Netgear have gone totally silent on my request and my £1500 setup is just redundant at the moment....

If you can it would be greatly appreciated.

John

Message 27 of 38
timecode
Guide

@jltleeds I would suggest lodging a ticket for this if you would like to get one. 

They have asked we not just send the beta out as I am sure they would prefer not having the non-official releases out there.

As you can see from this post there has been a lot of time spent on this. 

I cannot imagine the updated release will be too far away.

Message 28 of 38
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

If you need access to the beta FW. Please send me a private message with your email and I can forward you the beta image.

Message 29 of 38
jltleeds
Aspirant

@MrJoshW 

Hi, thank you for that. Netgear this morning sent me the beta (4.3.1.100 - hopefully the correct one) so I will install tonight and test, see what happens...

Thanks John

Message 30 of 38
hermesromeror
Apprentice

@jltleeds that is the version im testing, you should be good. Mine has been pretty solid. 

Message 31 of 38
redeagle45
Aspirant

I am concerned to see this as I was planning to upgrade to the SXK50 or SXK80 specifically to use as an AP with VLANs.

I use an Orbi RBK today as router and wifi because I did not know it lacked vlan support when originally purchased it. This is no longer acceptable with three people working at home and two of us having a fair amount of work specific hardware provided to us for use at home.

I will temporarily setup a pfsense router as I am familiar with it, but my company will be providing an SD-WAN device as the main router and will configure VLAN's to split my work domain from all the other stuff in the home. I like the brand and use several netgear switches also.

I can understand Netgear wanting to manage the whole pie, but if they are not working well as a pure AP, I need to look elsewhere. Any status update on this firmware fix becoming GA for all of these devices?

Message 32 of 38
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

ETA for FW release is end of July.

Message 33 of 38
hermesromeror
Apprentice

@redeagle45 you can move with confidence. Beta has been very solid for 3 weeks now.  GA should be in July, this is what support told me. 

Message 34 of 38
howsTricks
Aspirant

Is it possible to get this firmware sent to me? I am experiencing what appears to be a similar issue related to satellite traffic dropping vlan tagged traffic.

Message 35 of 38
hnagaraju1
Guide

Other than SXK80/50/30 that work in router as well as AP mode.

NETGEAR has multiple WAX6xx series of APs,  WAX200 series of APs that support VLAN per SSID tagging.

depending on your usecase, one of these should fit well with the solution.

If you have  PFsense router. Here are the options

PF-senserouter/gateway====Poe+Switch=====WAX6xxx. (WAX610/WAX620/WAX610Y etc). (supports wired/wireless backhauls. Easy to setup with Insight cloud UI.  needs more skills to set up wireless backhauls via AP's local UI)

PF-senserouter/gateway=====Poe+Switch====WAX214v2/WAX220 (PoE APs, wired backhauls only)

PF-senserouter/gateway=========WAX202/206 (desktop APs, wired backhauls only)

PF-senserouter/gateway=========SXR80(in AP mode)  (supports wired/wireless backhauls. easy to setup with locl UI)

Message 36 of 38
cmprmsd
Initiate

I'm looking for this beta release as well and would like to join the beta group of possible.
Same problems with AP mode and VLANs configured in combination with an OPNsense firewall.

Also I wonder if there will be an update to remove the need of a full router and satellite restart, when any VLAN is changed. This will disconnect all clients and satellites if the network configuration is not fully static. I'd expect this from a business product.

Thanks in advance!
Message 37 of 38
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

Please send me a private message with your email and I can forward you the beta image.

Message 38 of 38
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 37 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements