Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SXR80 UPNP/VLAN

Pardman
Tutor

SXR80 UPNP/VLAN

I have an SXR80 (Firmware:  V4..2.3.102).

I have one VLAN setup, and I have one device on VLAN 30 that needs a specific UPNP port assigned to it (16127 to be specific).  I have client and network isolation enabled for the device as it communicates with external devices.

Questions:

1. Can I assign UPNP ports to device on VLAN (30) that is client/network isolated?  Or, are the UPNP ports only assignable to VLAN 1?

2.  Does client isolation mean external devices can "look into" the specific client and/or that the client being isolated "cannot look out into the LAN?"  In other words, what is isolated from what?  I need to know this because, as an administrator of the client device that is isolated, I need to be able to make changes to it.  I just don't want the isolated client to be able to "look out into the network."

3.  Do the same isolation rules apply for network isolation?

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: SXR80 UPNP/VLAN

UPnP PMP is limited to the primary VLAN1.

Client isolation: To prevent WiFi clients that are associated with the same or different(*) WiFi networks on the access point from communicating with each other, select the Enable radio button. By default, this option is disabled. If you enable client isolation, WiFi clients can still communicate with each other over the Internet 

(*)Same does not apply here because there is no inter-vlan bridging, it's all VLAN based.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements