Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SXR80 does not connect with SXS80 satellite

sobandoq
Aspirant

SXR80 does not connect with SXS80 satellite

Hello,

I've spent hours trying to get the SXR80 to detect/connect with the satellite. In both the app and the web dashboard, it shows no satellites being connected. Under "Attached Devices", the SXS80 is listed as a wired device even though I do not have any ethernet between them.

Things I've tried:

Resetting, and re-pairing directly.

Resetting and re-pairing through the app.

Resetting and re-pairing through web portal.

Any suggestions or instructions that I can follow?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: SXR80 does not connect with SXS80 satellite

Ok, if it's got same version of FW then should be ok to leave SXR where it's at.

Is this SXS is same room as the SXR? At 10-15 feet in between, if you factory reset both and setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser to walk thru the setup wizard on the SXR, the SXS should get synced. 

I tend to leave the system alone right after I've factory reset SXR and SXS and let the SXS auto connect and sync to the default wifi SSID name. Once there, the SXR setup wizard routine should find the SXS and complete adding it and the setup routine. I then will change the default SSID name to something else after I get to the home page on the SXR. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Was the SXRs FW updated before the SXS by chance? 

What happens if you ethernet connect the SXS to the back of the SXR? 

Message 2 of 8
sobandoq
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, according to the app the router is running the latest 4.3.3.200

Unsure of how to check the SXS FW since it is not showing in the app. I tried to login into its IP but I have not been able to do so.

It is possible that one could have updated first, since I moved all equipment to a new location and ended up hard resetting the router, at which point it upgraded the FW.

If I connect them and go through the process of pairing, sometimes it shows a blue light but it still does not show on the app or interface. Most of the time it just fails to pair.

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

If the SXR had updated first, then you may need to downgrade the SXR back to prior working FW version. Long enough to see if the SXS will connect then, and if so, update the SXS manually to newest FW version, then update the SXR lastly. 

Message 4 of 8
sobandoq
Aspirant

So as I was figuring out how to change the FW, I connected my laptop to the SXS via ethernet and was able to login into it.

I can confirm that they are both on the same FW version and apparently also connected to the router.

Would still be worth downgrading the FW?

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, if it's got same version of FW then should be ok to leave SXR where it's at.

Is this SXS is same room as the SXR? At 10-15 feet in between, if you factory reset both and setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser to walk thru the setup wizard on the SXR, the SXS should get synced. 

I tend to leave the system alone right after I've factory reset SXR and SXS and let the SXS auto connect and sync to the default wifi SSID name. Once there, the SXR setup wizard routine should find the SXS and complete adding it and the setup routine. I then will change the default SSID name to something else after I get to the home page on the SXR. 

Message 6 of 8
sobandoq
Aspirant

After a few tries, and a few factory resets, your suggestion of going through the setup worked. Thanks for the time and info.
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements