Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

re: Number of satellites

Orbi123456
Aspirant

re: Number of satellites

Hi, i read somewhere maximum of  6 satellites SXR80 can be attached to AX600 router, is this correct? - if so what other system do you recommend to have more satellites?  We would like to add more than 6,

thank you,

Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: re: Number of satellites

Tell us a little bit more what is the idea driving this direction please?

Mode Bandwidth?

Additional coverage?

More wireless clients?

Any network cabling available in the buildings?

Other?

Message 2 of 5
Orbi123456
Aspirant

THank you, looking to add additonal coverage.

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

The formal answer would be adding an additional Orbi Pro WiFi 6 system in AP (Access Point) mode.

This would require a wired connection from the existing SXR80 router LAN port to the additional SXR80 serving as the dedicated base station. Needless to say, this needs to be in a place central to the newly added SXS80, ideally in a different area of your building, on a different floor along with the new satellites.

Honestly, is most deployments, this isn't possible. I would look into possibilities to implement a -real- network, with some PoE switch(es), forming a reliable wired backhaul, and install wireless access points. Yes, this requires a lot of network wiring. 

Tell us more about your building, so you might convince me there is no other way 8-)

Message 4 of 5
Orbi123456
Aspirant

Thanks for the help, so not to use satellites, but access points throughout?  thanks

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements