Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Correct order of steps in replacing Centurylink C3000Z with Orbi RBK852 router

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Correct order of steps in replacing Centurylink C3000Z with Orbi RBK852 router

If it had been synced already, yes, just power it ON. I'd give it several minutes to connect and sync fully. I noticed with mine today, the RBS rebooted a 2nd time before it connected fully and the front LED turned OFF. 5-10 minutes the RBS should be connected. Check the RBRs Connected Devcies page to see it it connects. You can check the modems web page as well to see if it gets an IP address like the RBR. IT should. 

Message 26 of 32
DudeDah
Aspirant

It all appears to be working. THANK YOU for your pateince in helping me figure this out. It has be a HUGE learning experience and I now understand this all a LITTLE better.

Message 27 of 32
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 28 of 32
DudeDah
Aspirant

Another excellent recommendation, thanks.

Message 29 of 32
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 30 of 32
FarmerBob1
Luminary

I didn't see it mentioned, it may have, but . . . What type of Internet service do you have DSL or Fiber?

Message 31 of 32
DudeDah
Aspirant

Fiber.
Message 32 of 32
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7