Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OrbiRBR750 does not light up showing it gets power

Beaches15
Aspirant

OrbiRBR750 does not light up showing it gets power

My Orbi Router RBR 750  is less than 1 year old and no longer works.  It does not get any power, I have tried the cord to the satellite ( which lights up),and the router still gets no power.  The satellite gets power and seems to be fine.

I have spent days on the phone with "Customer Service" only to be told they will get back to me.  One email came back that the case was dismissed after two different customer service agents said I quaified for a replacement since it was hardware within the one year purchase date. 

Does anyone have any experience with talking to a live customer service person who can fix claim issues?  Or do they just want you to buy another item.  I am open to any advice and help.  Thank you

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: OrbiRBR750 does not light up showing it gets power

Does the LED in back of the RBR turn ON AMBER or GREEN at all? 

Need to contact NG support again and ask them about an RMA.

@Blanca_O @KevinLiT 

Message 2 of 9
Beaches15
Aspirant

Thank you.  I am now waiting for the RMA and replacement , again.  Let's hope this one works..I should received a phone call for the correct Zipcode and address, then  a replacement within 1-2 days.  They claim there is another RMA reequest in the same zipcode so they denied the first claim on Aug 24.

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya think they would have confirmed the name and case number instead of looking at the zip code. Oy vay. 

Ok, keep on them. 

Message 4 of 9
Beaches15
Aspirant

I still have not recevied a call like they said they would.  I will check in the morning and follow up.  Obviously they have the better "Cusomter service" people to help with problems on Monday- Friday or at least I hope so..  You are to right, oy vey!

Message 5 of 9
Beaches15
Aspirant

They have not issued a return and a replacement.  So far I have had over 4 case numbers and know they  are constantly lying to me .  I've been tle they will sens an email, will call in 1-2 hours , will send a replacement....Hours on hold and trying to understand heavily accented English for hours has not solved the issue.  Any other suggestions?   Talking to a "manager"  did nothing.

Message 6 of 9
Beaches15
Aspirant

Netgear still has not honored their replacement offer, due to "system restrictions"  Once again I am told a supervisor will call me back. The original replacement offer was for me to receive a new router with a choice of shipping, I opted to pay for expedited shipping, which they refunded to me.  This Customer service is the absolute worst!  This should not take 11 days to still not have resolution!  I do have a track of all the case numbers and of course, a phone log.  
They will put this off long enough so the 1 year hardware warranty will be expired.
Message 7 of 9
Beaches15
Aspirant

I did the cord swap on August 24 and also the reset...Nothing,, then the long process of trying to talk to someone,,,and have them have the same answer twice... poor communication from netgear

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Please make contact with a forum moderator as all this is beyond forum help:

@KevinLiT 

Good Luck.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos