Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Satellite RBS50 Not Connecting via Ethernet

superspartan21
Aspirant

Orbi Satellite RBS50 Not Connecting via Ethernet

Hello all!

Our home is fairly large and was built by the Moravians (lots of stone), so we needed to connect the satellites via an ethernet cable. So recently I updated the Orbi RBR50, and RBS50's to firmware Version 2.1.2.18, which I was told makes them possible to connect via the ethernet. Now, one satellite is hooked up via the ethernet, but the other changes between the ethernet and 5G connection and gives significantly slower speeds. I've tried resetting it to factory settings and reinstalling the firmware. Is there still something wrong? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks so much ahead of time for all the help!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

I would update to v2.1.3.4 as this was a improvement on wired backaul. 

Load the Satellie(s) first, then the router. 

Do a factory reset on ALL Orbi devices then set up from scratch. 

Setup the router first, then set up 1 satellite via wireless first, after it's added, connect the ehternet cable to the satellite and let it reconfigure. Give 5 minutes. Then test the connection. 

Any network switches between the Orbi router and satelllites? If so, Mfr and model#? 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

I would update to v2.1.3.4 as this was a improvement on wired backaul. 

Load the Satellie(s) first, then the router. 

Do a factory reset on ALL Orbi devices then set up from scratch. 

Setup the router first, then set up 1 satellite via wireless first, after it's added, connect the ehternet cable to the satellite and let it reconfigure. Give 5 minutes. Then test the connection. 

Any network switches between the Orbi router and satelllites? If so, Mfr and model#? 

Message 2 of 6
superspartan21
Aspirant

This worked! Thank you so much! Updating the satallites and the router to that firmware is much more stable.
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it's working. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
ouaibsky
Aspirant

Hey

Did the operation and looks not working to me 🙂

That's a shame because I cannot detect which device is connected on which router/satellite that is very usefull to detect if the pairing is done on the good one

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/I-found-a-Connection-issue-Resolution-for-wired-backhaul/m-p/1...

@ouaibsky wrote:

Hey

Did the operation and looks not working to me 🙂

That's a shame because I cannot detect which device is connected on which router/satellite that is very usefull to detect if the pairing is done on the good one

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7