Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 Syncing Satellite Does Not Work

pdavid53
Aspirant

RBK50 Syncing Satellite Does Not Work

I just purchased an RBK50 system.  The router works great but I can't get the satellite to sync.  I moved the satellite next to the router and I reset it with no results.  The satellite blinks white but is otherwise non-responsive.  I would appreciate any suggestions on how I can get the system working

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK50 Syncing Satellite Does Not Work

So after doing a factory reset and hitting the resync buttons on the satellite and router, fails to get the satellite reconnected? if so, then there maybe a problem with the satellite and you would need to contact NG support and ask for help and information on this. Possible ask for an RMA. 

@pdavid53 wrote:

The light on top flashes off and on continuously.  It never stops

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies

Orbi takes its time. I assume you left it for a while.

I have never known something to take so long to do its stuff.

Message 2 of 8
Chuck_M
Mentor

From a power off condition, when you plug in the satellite to power, can you describe what the ring on top and the LEDs on the back do and how long they do it?

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

After resetting the satellite and you get a WHITE led on top of it, hit the black sync button on the router then hit the same black sync button on the satellite. Wait for the top led to turn BLUE then it's connected...

@pdavid53 wrote:

I just purchased an RBK50 system.  The router works great but I can't get the satellite to sync.  I moved the satellite next to the router and I reset it with no results.  The satellite blinks white but is otherwise non-responsive.  I would appreciate any suggestions on how I can get the system working

Message 4 of 8
pdavid53
Aspirant

Message 5 of 8

It might help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

Message 6 of 8
ekhalil
Master

Since you have access to the router, please try to make DHCP address reservation for the satellite. The MAC address of the satellite is on a label on the bottom of the satellite.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

So after doing a factory reset and hitting the resync buttons on the satellite and router, fails to get the satellite reconnected? if so, then there maybe a problem with the satellite and you would need to contact NG support and ask for help and information on this. Possible ask for an RMA. 

@pdavid53 wrote:

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7