Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBW30 - Firmware 2.3.0.4

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBW30 - Firmware 2.3.0.4

Default is a unzipper utility for mac thats built in. OSX can use Stuffit Expander as well. 

Mac should be able to unpack the .zip file then using any browser, select the .chk file in the RBWs firmware update page, manually select and navigate to the .chk file and select it for upload. Do not attemp to open the .chk file with anything else. That is the actual FW code file. 

Message 26 of 42
Vegasdealer
Tutor

Hi,

redownloaded the update file and when I try to upload it per your instructions, says it's in a .img file, but it shows as a .chg file.

About to give up here, taking too much time to do something so easy. lol.  The app is still showing the old firmware as well.

Again, thank you for your very clear instructions. 

Message 27 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

And what browser is this your using? 

Go ahead and rename the .CHK to .img and try again. Close out of the web browser first, then re-name, then open the browser and log in. 

@Blanca_O 

@Vegasdealer wrote:

Hi,

redownloaded the update file and when I try to upload it per your instructions, says it's in a .img file, but it shows as a .chg file.

About to give up here, taking too much time to do something so easy. lol.  The app is still showing the old firmware as well.

Again, thank you for your very clear instructions. 

Message 28 of 42
Vegasdealer
Tutor

Using safari, tried FF and chrome earlier.......... changed file name as suggested and it did upload, but than got an error message that flashed really fast that the file was not in the correct format, I think. 

Give up here.....Thanks to everyone.

Message 29 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, will have NG support get involved. Seem that this is effecting Mac users. 

@Blanca_O 

@Vegasdealer wrote:

Using safari, tried FF and chrome earlier.......... changed file name as suggested and it did upload, but than got an error message that flashed really fast that the file was not in the correct format, I think. 

Give up here.....Thanks to everyone.

Message 30 of 42
Vegasdealer
Tutor

Thank you,  sending a message to NG via FB  as well.

Again thank you for your very kind support and help. Have a great day/night and as we say in Las Vegas, "Good Luck To You" 🙂

Message 31 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if you get any responce. You might file a support ticket here as well:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

Smiley Wink

@Vegasdealer wrote:

Thank you,  sending a message to NG via FB  as well.

Again thank you for your very kind support and help. Have a great day/night and as we say in Las Vegas, "Good Luck To You" 🙂

Message 32 of 42
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Vegasdealer

Let me check on this. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 33 of 42

Message 34 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Others are getting this version installed.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-Problem/m-p/1724301/highlight/true#M56249

I believe this one user is using Windows and not Mac. This maybe a Mac only issue. 

@Blanca_O wrote:

Hi @Vegasdealer

Let me check on this. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 35 of 42
Vegasdealer
Tutor

Thank you, I'll keep it for future reference. Did try the manual update on Wednesday 3/20/1/9, but the file was not in the correct format after downloading it again. Just checked still showing the old software in the "automatically check for update window". The app on my iPhone showing that my Orbi is "up to date" but it still shows the old firmware.

Message 36 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

If you have a Windows PC, you can try that. 

Message 37 of 42
Vegasdealer
Tutor

Only have a mac here and btw still waiting for a reply from NG to a message I sent via Face Book.

Thanks

Message 38 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

I think @Blanca_O is checking on this. 

Message 39 of 42
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Vegasdealer

We just want to check if you were able to update the firmware. There are community members from the other thread reported that they have now the latest firmware. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 40 of 42
Vegasdealer
Tutor

Hi Blanca:

Yes, think I was able to upgrade.lol.   am showing the following V2.3.1.44. for the router and V2.3.0.4for the Satellite.  Thanks to everyone one here in support. Especially want to thank the person who I interacted with thru FaceBook messenger.  The person from FB was very helpful and advised me last week that the update would be on the servers by Friday so waited till the weekend to update.  Again Thank you

Message 41 of 42
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Vegasdealer

Thank you for your feedback. Glad that it's working now.   

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 42 of 42
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 41 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7