× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 308t switch crashes daily, after 35 minutes when attached to Orbi Satellite

pbuckner
Aspirant

308t switch crashes daily, after 35 minutes when attached to Orbi Satellite

Looking to attach NAS near a PC which will be using a majority of the storage. I use 308T because I can link aggregate. (308E does not).

Problem: 308T crashes (loses all connectivity) after about 35 minutes, when I attach it to the Orbi RBS satellite. (The orbi's connect over wifi). I have to reboot or physically unplug the switch to bring it online -- it no longer responds to ping.)

If I connect the 308T to the main orbi RBR the 308T does not crash (or at least hasn't yet -- but that puts my network attached storage on the wrong side of wifi.

If I connect a 308E instead of the 308T to the satellite the connection stays up (but, I can't use LAG.)

308t.png

I've made sure 308T has disabled green / EEE and everything else is at factory default. Is my 308T faulty? Is there a different configuration parameter to be set? Is there something to be set in Orbi to permit this?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Does not look good - I would suggest to look into getting a warranty replacement, depending on the market from your retailer or via Netgear https.//my.netgear.com/

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
pbuckner
Aspirant

308t.png

Not sure why diagram didn't show in initial post. In case this one doesn't show, it's:

<internet> ORBI RBR <wifi> ORBI RBS (Satellite)   <CAT6> GS308T

The Switch is then connected to both PC and (using LAG) to network attached storage device.

Note that merely connecting the GS308T to the Orbi satellite, and nothing else attached to the switch, the switch will crash in 35 minutes -- no need to attach PC or NAS.

Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Don't panic about the in-line images - these are under mandatory moderation. Better approach than reposting would be adding a copy an additional attachment.

Is the switch management IP no longer pingable over the Orbi WiFi and mesh, and no longer pingable from the direct connected NAS, and no longer pingable from a computer connected to the switch? 

Message 3 of 5
pbuckner
Aspirant

Correct, switch is no longer pingable from anywhere.

Ran another test overnight, with 308T directly connected to main Orbi RBR: Nothing else connected to the switch. It was pingable for 11 hours then "Unreachable". (I use basic 1sec ping)

I suspect the 308T is bad?

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Does not look good - I would suggest to look into getting a warranty replacement, depending on the market from your retailer or via Netgear https.//my.netgear.com/

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements