× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 8 port version of GS724Tv3

PhilJW
Aspirant

8 port version on GS724Tv3

Any help appreciated......

I have a home network with the GS724Tv3 24 port switch at its centre

I now need to add and 8 port switch and as I'm not hugely knowledgable in these matters I'd rather stick with what I know.

Can anyone tell me what the 8 port equivalent of the GS724Tv3 is please? Or if there isn't an exact equivalent then the nearest one?

Many thanks

Model: GS724Tv3|24 ports ProSafe Gigabit Smart switch
Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: 8 port version on GS724Tv3

@PhilJW,

I suggest you the GS108Tv3 switch.  Both of the GS724Tv3 and GS108Tv3 belong to the NETGEAR Smart Managed Pro Switch Models.  Be informed that the GS724Tv3 switch is already End-of-Life (EoL).

Kindly check the specification of the GS108Tv3 switch on its data sheet here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
PhilJW
Aspirant

Many thanks - I spoke to Netgear who recommended the GS308T switch as I dont need PoE.

Id be interested to know if you agree? Or what the difference is?

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@PhilJW,

The GS308T is also a good option. 🙂 

Here is the difference between the GS108Tv3 and the GS308T switches:

1)  The GS108Tv3 can be powered on using two methods.  First is by using the power adapter that comes with its package contents.  Secondly, by using Port 1 connected to a PSE (Power Sourcing Equipment) such as a PoE switch.  Port 1 of the GS108Tv3 is a PoE PD (Powered Device) port that can receive PoE power so that you can you use the switch without a power adapter.   As reference, kindly read pages 20, 23 and 38 of the GS108Tv3 Hardware Installation Guide here.

2) The GS308T can only be powered on using its power adapter that comes with its package contents.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
PhilJW
Aspirant

Many thanks

I don’t have a shortage of power sockets so I’ll go for the 308T

Cheers for your help
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats