× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Automatic Configuration Backup

aimnano
Aspirant

Automatic Configuration Backup

I have tons of Smart switches deployed, many of which have complex VLAN configurations.  I'm wondering if there is any way to backup the configs besides me logging via web browser and manually downloading the config.  Goal being that if I have a switch go down, I pop in a spare, upload the most recent automatically saved config, and I'm back up and running.

Is there any combination of snmp, scp, scripting, telnet, or something that will allow me to save to ftp, tftp, smb, or whatever other storage medium.

TLDR:  I need to automate the backup of my smart switch configs.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Automatic Configuration Backup

Hi aimnano,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

You may want to try the NMS300.  It is a Network Management System Software that might help you backup the configurations of your devices.  Kindly check the NMS300 data sheet here and check if that NETGEAR Smart switches and other NETGEAR devices you have is compatible with it.

Kindly access this link as well for more information.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi aimnano,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

You may want to try the NMS300.  It is a Network Management System Software that might help you backup the configurations of your devices.  Kindly check the NMS300 data sheet here and check if that NETGEAR Smart switches and other NETGEAR devices you have is compatible with it.

Kindly access this link as well for more information.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
aimnano
Aspirant

Is there any place to get more assistance with NMS?

I don't seem to be able to 'discover' 3rd party devices, failing with "Credential Failure" (despite having correct port + credentials).

And even with the NetGear switches that have been discovered, if I attempt to execute a backup job on one, I get an error "No valid HTTP/HTTPS credential."

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi aimnano,

Let me share this article and this might help as reference.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements