× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CST Regional Root Not Showing Correct Bridge ID of Elected Root?

Oh_Drother
Aspirant

CST Regional Root Not Showing Correct Bridge ID of Elected Root?

Hi all,

I looked through previous topics and the software guide but didn't really see anything other than stating that the CST Regional Roott displays the bridge priority and base MAC address of the CST regional root.

This Netgear switch is connected to a Nexus, which is then connected to another Nexus that acts as the core and also as the STP root for all VLANs. For whatever reason, the web interface for the Netgear shows the CST Regional Root as itself - with the default 32786 priority and the MAC address that is assigned to this Netgear. I am trying to understand why that is, and why it is not showing the CST Regional Root as the Nexus that is configured with the lower STP bridge ID. Both Nexus switches show the correct bridge ID for the all VLANs, and I can see that the LAG that connects to the Nexus is Fwding/Designated.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Model: XS728T|Prosafe 28 ports 10 Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: CST Regional Root Not Showing Correct Bridge ID of Elected Root?

As you talk of STP by VLAN - one could assume there is MSTP contigured on the Nexus switches, while the XS7xxT is configured to plain legacy STP only?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements