× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Difference between v3 and v4 of GS724T

Benola1977
Follower

Difference between v3 and v4 of GS724T

Help Required

I have owned my GS724T since 2013 up until now i have had no need to "manage" any fuctions as this is only used in my home network & I have very little technical knowledge.

I have recently expanded my network and added more sonos equipment and have a need to alter STP settings.

I have tried log into the switch via the web interface and the smart control center with no sucess.

I have scanned my network to try and find the ip adress of the switch but it does not show up.

I have so far wasted hours looking online & trying varrious sollutions and am just about ready to give up and buy a different switch.

Please help.

Model: GS724Tv3|24-port ProSAFE Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Difference between v3 and v4 of GS724T

Hello Benola1977, 

Welcome to the community! 

I have compared both models and it shows a lot of improvement in its performance specification. See the table below: 

You can refer to the datasheets: GS724Tv3, GS724Tv4. The table above shows a significant improvement on its speed and capaciity. On the other hand, for the switch you are pertaining on the post, did you try to reset the switch by using the "Factory Defaults/Reset" button? 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Benola1977, 

Welcome to the community! 

I have compared both models and it shows a lot of improvement in its performance specification. See the table below: 

You can refer to the datasheets: GS724Tv3, GS724Tv4. The table above shows a significant improvement on its speed and capaciity. On the other hand, for the switch you are pertaining on the post, did you try to reset the switch by using the "Factory Defaults/Reset" button? 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 3
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Benola1977, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements