× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: FS526T and latest firmware

slv_slv
Aspirant

FS526T and latest firmware

Hello

I'm looking for latest firmware for FS526T (not v2) I know topic https://community.netgear.com/t5/Smart-Plus-Click-Switches/FS526T-v1-Latest-Firmware-Missing-from-Do...

but unfortunetelly there isn't answer for question ... question is where I can download .hex file with latest firmware for that switch. I have version 1.1.0-0412

Regards

Slawe

Model: FS526T|24+2 Smart Switch
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @slv_slv,

I inquired your concern to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support and got a feedback today.  As per the higher tier of NETGEAR Support, the latest firmware for the FS526T is already posted on its product page here which is named FS526T Smart Switch software Version 1.1.0 (v1_1_0_0412).  This firmware was released way back 2004 and no newer firmware was released after that version.  

You can download the latest firmware software Version 1.1.0 (v1_1_0_0412) for the FS526T Smart Switch also here. For the HEX file, you will need to unzip the FS526T Smart Switch Software Version 1.1.0 which is a zip file.  Then, there is another zip file inside it which is fs526t_v1_1_0_0412 that you need to unzip to reveal the HEX File.  Refer to the image below:

for slv_slv.jpg

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

In a reply to the referencd thread @DaneA wrote:

"I apologize for the late response.  I'm afraid to inform you that v2.05.03 is not a firmware version for the FS526T switch. It is just an updated version of the Smart Wizard Utility."

Interesting that there that the real firmware (the hex file) is not available on the downloads, and things are as misleading as before.

Model: FS526T|24+2 Smart Switch
Message 2 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @slv_slv,

I inquired your concern to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support and got a feedback today.  As per the higher tier of NETGEAR Support, the latest firmware for the FS526T is already posted on its product page here which is named FS526T Smart Switch software Version 1.1.0 (v1_1_0_0412).  This firmware was released way back 2004 and no newer firmware was released after that version.  

You can download the latest firmware software Version 1.1.0 (v1_1_0_0412) for the FS526T Smart Switch also here. For the HEX file, you will need to unzip the FS526T Smart Switch Software Version 1.1.0 which is a zip file.  Then, there is another zip file inside it which is fs526t_v1_1_0_0412 that you need to unzip to reveal the HEX File.  Refer to the image below:

for slv_slv.jpg

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 7
slv_slv
Aspirant

Hi

Thank You for very detailed explanation. I hope that it will be usefull for someone else too.

Unfortunetelly for me I have latest firmware but I can't (in my opinion) properly configure 802.1q VLANs and limit access to managament IP to only one VLAN (ie 88).

I created one VLAN id 88, and assigned some port do this VLAN. I changed pvid for those ports to 88. Unfortunetelly computer connected to port that is 88 VLAN is able to connect to 192.168.0.239.

I leave few ports on VLAN0 and I'd like to have access to management IP only from VLAN 0.

Is it possible to do that?

Regards

SLawek

Message 4 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@slv_slv,

As per page 4-3 of the FS526T user manual here, in the section System>IP Access List Page, it says that all host IP addresses are allowed to access the switch by default.  I suggest you to limit the access by indicating the IP address range of VLAN 0. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 7
slv_slv
Aspirant

>I suggest you to limit the access by indicating the IP address range of VLAN 0.

I know that. This is reason why I'm asking for.

Unfoertuneterlly there isn't option to put there something like 192.168.0.0/24 so its unusable to me 😞

I wouldn't put here every IP from 192.168.0.0 network ... I don't know from which IP I will need to conect to this switch.

Message 6 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@slv_slv,

Since there is really no option, you may want to consider replacing the FS526T switch since it lacks that option.  I recommend you the Smart Managed Pro Switches by NETGEAR.  For more information about it, kindly access the link below:

Smart Managed Pro Switches

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements