× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108E VLAN 1

pierrelowe1
Follower

GS108E VLAN 1

Hi there. I have setup a GS108E switch to simply split incoming data from subsea equipment into VLANS. The setup works fine on the GS105 version of the switch, and for the most part the 8 port version works, except for the VLAN 1 management. 

I have the PC connected to port 8, PVID1, and VLAN 1 tagged. On the PC i have added VLAN 1 to the intel L219 network card via Powershell cmd. However i cannot access the switch for management. 

On the switch i also have VLANs set up for seperating data strings from ethernet devices, theser are 101, 102 and 103. I can Ping each piece of equipment so i feel this aspect is working fine and i can connect their respecive GUIs, however, I still cant access the switch on VLAN1 once i implement the VLANS on the PC. 

Any one got any ideas? 

Model: GS108Ev3|ProSafe 8 ports Gigabit Plus switch
Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS108E VLAN 1

@pierrelowe1,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Be informed that all Smart Managed Plus Switch Models, which includes the GS108E, does NOT support Management VLAN.  

If you need a switch that supports Management VLAN, kindly check the Smart Managed Pro & Smart Cloud Switch Models and the Fully Managed Switch Models of NETGEAR.  Kindly access the link below:

NETGEAR Business Product Catalog Volume 19-1 - check pages 45-66

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS108E VLAN 1

@DaneA wrote:

@pierrelowe1,

Be informed that all Smart Managed Plus Switch Models, which includes the GS108E, does NOT support Management VLAN.  

For this use case, the Plus models are prefectly fine, assuming there are not mch risks involved. Just keep the VLAN 1 untagged.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements