× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108Ev2 Setup

paulowayno
Follower

GS108Ev2 Setup

Hello. 

I'm new to using this type of equipment, so please forgive the basic questions. 

I just purchase a used Netgear GS108Ev2 switch from a discount store. I bought it so I could run a DAW for composing music on my main computer and all the instrument sample libraries on a second computer.

I have tried in vain to set it up. I managed to download the ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility thinking it would do something, however it says the managerIP and the switch are under a differnt subnet.

Please enlighten me how I can get this setup. I just need the computers to find each other and be able to access files.

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS108Ev2 Setup

One would assume the default is set to DHCP, and the switch will get an IP address from your router LAN DHCP server. Cold reboot while the router and the rest of the network is connected.

The default LAN IP is 192.168.0.239/24, configure your computer adapter LAN IP to an address in this subnet, something like 192.168.0.123 255.255.255.0 default gw 192.168.0.123

If the utility does unveil a different IP address, consider a factory reset. Press the reset button for about 7 seconds.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements