× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108Ev2 timeout

mairo
Aspirant

GS108Ev2 timeout

Hello,

i try to get access to my GS108v2. I use the Software Prosafe Plus Utility 2.3.5. OS: Windows 7 (with firewall disabled).

All Computers/Router and the switch are in the same subnet. Wenn i try to get access, i enter the default password an afer a few seconds i get an error message: timeout, agent not reachable.

What is the problem?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS108Ev2 timeout

Hi mairo, 

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Kindly try these steps below:

a.  Disconnect the the GS108Ev2 from the existing network.  

b.  Reset the GS108Ev2 back to factory default settings.  

c. Connect a PC directly to any LAN port of the GS108Ev2.  Make the ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility v2.3.5 is installed on the PC.  

d. Set a static IP address that is within the range of the default IP address of the GS108Ev2 which is 192.168.0.239.  You may double-check it by opening command prompt on the PC then check if you will get replies if you ping the default IP address of the GS108Ev2.  

e. Open the ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility v2.3.5 then check if it discovers the GS108Ev2.

f. Check if you will be able to manage the GS108Ev2 just fine using the ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility v2.3.5 while the PC is still directly connected to it.

Are you still getting the same error message after doing the steps above?

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mairo, 

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Kindly try these steps below:

a.  Disconnect the the GS108Ev2 from the existing network.  

b.  Reset the GS108Ev2 back to factory default settings.  

c. Connect a PC directly to any LAN port of the GS108Ev2.  Make the ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility v2.3.5 is installed on the PC.  

d. Set a static IP address that is within the range of the default IP address of the GS108Ev2 which is 192.168.0.239.  You may double-check it by opening command prompt on the PC then check if you will get replies if you ping the default IP address of the GS108Ev2.  

e. Open the ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility v2.3.5 then check if it discovers the GS108Ev2.

f. Check if you will be able to manage the GS108Ev2 just fine using the ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility v2.3.5 while the PC is still directly connected to it.

Are you still getting the same error message after doing the steps above?

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
mairo
Aspirant

Thanks! It woks now! Perfect!

Message 3 of 4
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mairo, 

Glad to know that you have it working! If DaneA's post helped you fix the issue, please mark it as a solution this will help other members of the community when they experience the same issue. 

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements