× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS308T vs GS308P

gisluz
Aspirant

GS308T vs GS308P

Hi everyone,
I need a small 8 gigabit port switch to expand an existing network, with VLAN support.
Is there any big firmware difference between GS308T and GS308P?

Thank you,

GG

Model: GS308P|ProSafe 8 ports gigabit switch with 4 ports PoE
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@gisluz,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The GS308E belongs to the Smart Managed Plus Switches.  A Smart Managed Plus Switch gives user the flexibility to configure certain static layer 2 settings in order to improve network efficiency and performance.  The configurable features are Port Mirroring, VLAN, QoS, Rate Limit, and Broadcast Storm Filtering.  Also, the Smart Managed Plus Switches can be managed either using the Prosafe Plus Configuration Utility or accessing its web-GUI using a browser like Firefox or Chrome.

The GS308T belongs to the Smart Managed Pro Switches.  A Smart Managed Pro Switch has many of the benefits of a managed switch without the complexity or cost of a fully managed switch. With a smart switch, you can monitor ports, configure trunks, and set prioritization, all with an intuitive Web interface. A smart switch has more capability than an unmanaged switch, but not all that of a fully managed switch. Also, the Smart Managed Pro Switches can be managed either using the Smart Control Center Utility installed on a PC or accessing its web-GUI using a browser like Firefox or Chrome.

One major difference between the GS308E and GS308T is that you can set a management VLAN on the GS308T while on the GS308E, there is no option to set a management VLAN. 

For more information about GS308E and GS308T switches, kindly access their respective data sheets below: 

GS308E Data Sheet

GS308T Data Sheet

For more information about the variety of NETGEAR Switches, kindly access the links below:

Which NETGEAR switch is right for me?

NETGEAR Switch Selector

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
gisluz
Aspirant

Rif.: GS308T vs GS308P

Sorry I meant GS308E.
Is there a way to compare products online between different series?

Model: GS308E|8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch
Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@gisluz,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The GS308E belongs to the Smart Managed Plus Switches.  A Smart Managed Plus Switch gives user the flexibility to configure certain static layer 2 settings in order to improve network efficiency and performance.  The configurable features are Port Mirroring, VLAN, QoS, Rate Limit, and Broadcast Storm Filtering.  Also, the Smart Managed Plus Switches can be managed either using the Prosafe Plus Configuration Utility or accessing its web-GUI using a browser like Firefox or Chrome.

The GS308T belongs to the Smart Managed Pro Switches.  A Smart Managed Pro Switch has many of the benefits of a managed switch without the complexity or cost of a fully managed switch. With a smart switch, you can monitor ports, configure trunks, and set prioritization, all with an intuitive Web interface. A smart switch has more capability than an unmanaged switch, but not all that of a fully managed switch. Also, the Smart Managed Pro Switches can be managed either using the Smart Control Center Utility installed on a PC or accessing its web-GUI using a browser like Firefox or Chrome.

One major difference between the GS308E and GS308T is that you can set a management VLAN on the GS308T while on the GS308E, there is no option to set a management VLAN. 

For more information about GS308E and GS308T switches, kindly access their respective data sheets below: 

GS308E Data Sheet

GS308T Data Sheet

For more information about the variety of NETGEAR Switches, kindly access the links below:

Which NETGEAR switch is right for me?

NETGEAR Switch Selector

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
gisluz
Aspirant

Thanks a lot, I was getting lost!

Regards,

GG

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors