× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS324TP switch errors - Discarding the BPDU - Invalid Forward Delay

chzhowland
Aspirant

GS324TP switch errors - Discarding the BPDU - Invalid Forward Delay

My GS324TP switch is getting flooded with errors every few seconds as shown in the attached screen capture.  I have narrowed this down and the errors only occur when if have the Netgear Orbi RBR50 attached to the network.  If in unplug the Orbi, the errors stop.  I have Googled and tried to find what the cause may be without any luck.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what to look for that could be causing the errors?  Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks

Chazz

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

These Orbi systems make use of STP, require STP properly configured (STP [resp RSTP, it's compatible] and define a prio aka ID of 32768 on switches supporting STP/RSTP/MST. Reads like no STP or RSTP is configured and enabled on the switch, and forward BPDU with STP disabled isn't enabled - so the switch does filter the STP traffic.

Message 2 of 4
chzhowland
Aspirant

thanks for the reply.

I just verified that STP is Enabled in operation mode RSTP. (screen shot attached) As I understand your response, this should be correct to not cause the issue?

From what I have found, this is not a "real" issue but I am having some other issues with the switch as well so I am trying to clean things up, get it right and minimize the logs.

thanks

Message 3 of 4
chzhowland
Aspirant

The old Orbi was getting shut down on the switch port.  The switch was shutting down the port because it thought that it was getting a DOS attach.  I upgraded to a new RBK750 and I am still getting flooded with the same "Discarding the BPDU, since it is an invalid BPDU type" error.  any ideas? what could be causing this is STP is turned on?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements