× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS348T VLAN issue, running but no access to switch

daurpam
Aspirant

GS348T VLAN issue, running but no access to switch

Hello, 

I've just bought a GS348T switch and after some test for VLAN implementation, I've found a weird behaviour of the switch.

The VLAN setup is very simple, port g2 and g47 are in the VLAN 2. All other ports are in VLAN 1 as untagged ports.

For VLAN 2, the port g2 is Untagged and g47 is Tagged (cause other switch send this VLAN tagged too).

The problem comes when connect the cable from the other switch to the g47 port.  I've checked that both VLANs are working correctly and has communication with other devices in their respective networks. But the switch cut any communication in his management IP and even ping doesn't respond. 

As soon as I've disconnect the cable on port g47, ping respond and the web management interface come back.

I've attached some screenshoots with the config...

Thanks in advance.

gs348T-vlanSetup.pnggs348T-pvidG2.pnggs348T-vlan1.pnggs348T-vlan2.png

Model: GS348T|NETGEAR® S350 Series 48-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
daurpam
Aspirant

Re: GS348T VLAN issue, running but no access to switch

Thanks John for your answer,

The VLAN management is the default (1). We made some test with the switch, and seems that the problem is in our core (mikrotik router and HP switches). After aisle netgear switch and connect other router with VLANs config and DHCP servers, it worked without problems.

Need to investigate and probably change our core to make it work.

Regards,

Daniel

View solution in original post

Model: GS348T|NETGEAR® S350 Series 48-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports
Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@daurpam,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that you are having trouble accessing the management GUI once you connect a cable from port 47. May I know if the PC that you are using to connect to the admin page is on VLAN 1? The GUI is only accessible to any devices under the management VLAN. By default, it is on management VLAN 1. Please make sure that the device that you are using is on VLAN 1.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
daurpam
Aspirant

Thanks John for your answer,

The VLAN management is the default (1). We made some test with the switch, and seems that the problem is in our core (mikrotik router and HP switches). After aisle netgear switch and connect other router with VLANs config and DHCP servers, it worked without problems.

Need to investigate and probably change our core to make it work.

Regards,

Daniel

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements